Hydraulic Disconnects.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
My TC29D is going to go in next week for general service. I am finally going to break down and have the hydraulic disconnects for the loader replaced. From day one I have had problems with them leaking. I have replaced the O rings many times only to see them disintegrate. After they have been in about a month I can take them back out and roll them between my fingers and the O ring turns to mush. I told the dealer I did not want the New Holland ones and he is telling me fine but I may have to go out and buy my own for them to put on. As an FYI I am using the New Holland hydraulic oil. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a good quality brand to use?

murph

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
With all of the down time lately because of the conversion I am bumping this since it may have gotten lost. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good brand of disconnects?

murph

jwstewar

Staff member
I don't have any ideas there Murph. I'm still on my original disconnects that came with the tractor in 2003. Haven't had any problems with them. I finally got a set of the covers about 2 years ago so when the loader is off I don't collect as much dirt. Weird that you've had these issues with the O-rings and I haven't heard of any other reports with them.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I don't have any ideas there Murph. I'm still on my original disconnects that came with the tractor in 2003. Haven't had any problems with them. I finally got a set of the covers about 2 years ago so when the loader is off I don't collect as much dirt. Weird that you've had these issues with the O-rings and I haven't heard of any other reports with them.

Jim, my loader is off every time I mow. Sometimes I get junk in there, but I've never had a failure. You have a lot more hours on the same vintage tractor. Maybe I just opened myself up for something. :hide:

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
My neighbor had the same trouble on his New Holland. It was brand new last June and he has had them replaced twice till it quit leaking. He blamed it on the couplings for the loader being a different brand from what was on the tractor. They changed both the second time and no problem. His is a big 80 horse with a large loader and he does not take it off very often unless he is bush hogging.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Brian,

Thank you for that information. I have to go out and measure the size that I have right now on my TC29DD and get them ordered. I have color coded ones which I think I will be able to move the rings over and my covers are shot so I will see if your people can give me covers.

Thanks again.

murph

Brian,

Thank you for that information. I have to go out and measure the size that I have right now on my TC29DD and get them ordered. I have color coded ones which I think I will be able to move the rings over and my covers are shot so I will see if your people can give me covers.

Thanks again.

murph

No problem, I would guess that the QDs are 3/8". They have covers and plugs for the QDs, but they are to much $$ for what you get in my opinion.

jwstewar

Staff member
Well Murph, I guess I jinxed myself when I said I hadn't had any problems. I hauled the tractor this weekend to move a couple of rocks. Sure enough, under the quick connects for the loader there was a puddle of hydraulic fluid. Guess I'm going to have to order me a set as well. Where and what did you end up doing with yours?

LETHAL GTS

I'm wondering what kind of dealer tells you to go out and source your own parts?:puke1:
It's an o-ring. obviously the ones you had were old stock that were likely dried out before they were installed at the factory. It happens. Tell your dealer to please be sure that they install some that haven't been sitting on the shelf since the 60's and all should be good.

jwstewar

Staff member
Well Murph, I guess I jinxed myself when I said I hadn't had any problems. I hauled the tractor this weekend to move a couple of rocks. Sure enough, under the quick connects for the loader there was a puddle of hydraulic fluid. Guess I'm going to have to order me a set as well. Where and what did you end up doing with yours?

I still haven't replaced my quick connects, but I had a tire leaking pretty badly so I took it off and just left the tractor support by the loader (I know bad, but I was in a hurry and no one else was going to be around). When I came back the front of the tractor was almost on the ground and there was a HUGE puddle of hydraulic fluid under the quick connects - apparently because I had left pressure on the connections. So it is going to force me to have to replace them even sooner now.