RTV THERMOSTATS

jbiglane

Is their a special thermostat that is used with the cabin heat option.
I am having trouble getting heat out of the heater even after the rtv has been
operating for over 1 hour without stoping. I have check to see that the water valve is open.

jbiglane

Is their a special thermostat that is used with the cabin heat option.
I am having trouble getting heat out of the heater even after the rtv has been
operating for over 1 hour without stoping. I have check to see that the water valve is open.

G

I have not used a heater yet so correct me if I am wrong... but isn't it just a curtis electric heater?

G

I have not used a heater yet so correct me if I am wrong... but isn't it just a curtis electric heater?

Ricochet

[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]I have not used a heater yet so correct me if I am wrong... but isn't it just a curtis electric heater?[/quote]

Yes, it is a Curtis heater...15,000 or 20,000 BTU.

Ricochet

[quote user="MessickFarmEqu"]I have not used a heater yet so correct me if I am wrong... but isn't it just a curtis electric heater?[/quote]

Yes, it is a Curtis heater...15,000 or 20,000 BTU.

jbiglane

The 20,000 btu unit is not electric it is water.
I have 2 rtv with this system in them. Before unit
were installed temp remained constent now the
temp fluctuates from low to high (not in red) constently.

jbiglane

The 20,000 btu unit is not electric it is water.
I have 2 rtv with this system in them. Before unit
were installed temp remained constent now the
temp fluctuates from low to high (not in red) constently.

Ricochet

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">OK, let me clarify. These (Curtis) heaters tap into the radiator hoses and circulate anti-freeze fluid through a coil in the heater, and an electric fan blows air over these coils to eventually fill the cab with heat. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>So, technically they are not electric heaters.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">

Cheers! </span></span></p>

Ricochet

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">OK, let me clarify. These (Curtis) heaters tap into the radiator hoses and circulate anti-freeze fluid through a coil in the heater, and an electric fan blows air over these coils to eventually fill the cab with heat. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>So, technically they are not electric heaters.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes">

Cheers! </span></span></p>

Wolfcreek

Make sure that the radiator and overflow tank are full. When I first got mine, I lost heat after a couple of running hours. The temp. gauge was to the high side but not in the red. The overflow tank was empty and had to fill it twice, adding about a quart. The dealer must not have heat cycled the engine enough after installing the cab heater and the engine heater to refill the cooling system.

Wolfcreek

Make sure that the radiator and overflow tank are full. When I first got mine, I lost heat after a couple of running hours. The temp. gauge was to the high side but not in the red. The overflow tank was empty and had to fill it twice, adding about a quart. The dealer must not have heat cycled the engine enough after installing the cab heater and the engine heater to refill the cooling system.

jbiglane

I have had the dealer check both rtv. I then checked the radiator water level
and found both units low. I then added fluid and both units and theyare runing right now.
Thanks for the information.

jbiglane

I have had the dealer check both rtv. I then checked the radiator water level
and found both units low. I then added fluid and both units and theyare runing right now.
Thanks for the information.

windyhill

<font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">Hi I just got my rtv,and I have the same trouble exept have not lost any coolent I thought maybe thermostat stuck open because I could see coolent being circulated through radiator at first start so I changed it, still little heat even after hours coolent temp 96 to 108 any help ? thanks</font></p>

windyhill

<font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">Hi I just got my rtv,and I have the same trouble exept have not lost any coolent I thought maybe thermostat stuck open because I could see coolent being circulated through radiator at first start so I changed it, still little heat even after hours coolent temp 96 to 108 any help ? thanks</font></p>

Wolfcreek

You may need to heat cycle your RTV several times. When I checked mine the radiator was always full. You need to run it long enough for the engine to get up to full temprature and the let it cool down compleatly. Make sure that the overflow tank is at the full mark before running. It may take 5 to 10 cycles to purge all of the air from the cooling system.

Wolfcreek

You may need to heat cycle your RTV several times. When I checked mine the radiator was always full. You need to run it long enough for the engine to get up to full temprature and the let it cool down compleatly. Make sure that the overflow tank is at the full mark before running. It may take 5 to 10 cycles to purge all of the air from the cooling system.