turbo for rtv?

G

My father and I went to the ag expo in tulare ca and one of the salesman in the kubota booth said there was a company that made a turbo kit for the rtv. Does anyone know of this?

G

My father and I went to the ag expo in tulare ca and one of the salesman in the kubota booth said there was a company that made a turbo kit for the rtv. Does anyone know of this?

DRankin

Re: turbo for RTV?

Yes. Kubota makes it.It comes as a complete engine, theD 1105-T-E and it produces 30 horsepower.

There may also be a bolt-on kit but I haven't seen it.

DRankin

Yes. Kubota makes it.It comes as a complete engine, theD 1105-T-E and it produces 30 horsepower.

There may also be a bolt-on kit but I haven't seen it.

G

ooooh! I'll have to see if we can get the parts pulled together. I've often wondered if aftermarket turbo kits on tractors where a possibility.

G

ooooh! I'll have to see if we can get the parts pulled together. I've often wondered if aftermarket turbo kits on tractors where a possibility.

DRankin

<font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">While you are researching that, maybe you could find out if the engine internals are the same or if they are beefed up to take the turbo.....</font></p>

DRankin

<font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef">While you are researching that, maybe you could find out if the engine internals are the same or if they are beefed up to take the turbo.....</font></p>

Dargo

Only 30hp? Wow, that sounds fairly weak still for the expense and trouble. For only a little over $1200 I tripled the HP in my Cummins powered Dodge 1 ton 4X4 dually. It did cost me considerably more than that for an automatic tranny to take that power and over 1000 ft. lbs. of torque though. But to spend (what I've heard) nearly 2 grand for only a 50% increase in power?!

I've posted on another site looking for a way to increase the power in my RTV. I have a Yamaha Rhino as well, and when we go riding, nobody wants to drive the RTV because it won't climb a lot of the hills on the trail that the Rhino rockets up. The RTV simply runs out of power and grunts. It doesn't matter if I have it at half throttle or full throttle. It simply won't spin the 25" Bighorn Radials I have on it when it is on a steep hill. I need to find how to get more power out of it, or get rid of it for something that will do the same work but be compatable for trail riding. Any thoughts?

Dargo

Only 30hp? Wow, that sounds fairly weak still for the expense and trouble. For only a little over $1200 I tripled the HP in my Cummins powered Dodge 1 ton 4X4 dually. It did cost me considerably more than that for an automatic tranny to take that power and over 1000 ft. lbs. of torque though. But to spend (what I've heard) nearly 2 grand for only a 50% increase in power?!

I've posted on another site looking for a way to increase the power in my RTV. I have a Yamaha Rhino as well, and when we go riding, nobody wants to drive the RTV because it won't climb a lot of the hills on the trail that the Rhino rockets up. The RTV simply runs out of power and grunts. It doesn't matter if I have it at half throttle or full throttle. It simply won't spin the 25" Bighorn Radials I have on it when it is on a steep hill. I need to find how to get more power out of it, or get rid of it for something that will do the same work but be compatable for trail riding. Any thoughts?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

[quote user="Dargo"]and when we go riding, nobody wants to drive the RTV because it won't climb a lot of the hills on the trail that the Rhino rockets up. The RTV simply runs out of power and grunts. It doesn't matter if I have it at half throttle or full throttle. It simply won't spin the 25" Bighorn Radials I have on it when it is on a steep hill.[/quote]

Won't climb them or won't climb them like the Rhino? Once I got used to proper pedal usage, I climb hills much better. Mine will spin the wheels some but the weight and traction is so great it wants to grab instead of spin. I think of it as driving a semi as compared to a sports car. I'll get there but won't race you to do so.

[quote user="Dargo"]I need to find how to get more power out of it, or get rid of it for something that will do the same work but be compatable for trail riding. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Give it to me [:D]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

[quote user="Dargo"]and when we go riding, nobody wants to drive the RTV because it won't climb a lot of the hills on the trail that the Rhino rockets up. The RTV simply runs out of power and grunts. It doesn't matter if I have it at half throttle or full throttle. It simply won't spin the 25" Bighorn Radials I have on it when it is on a steep hill.[/quote]

Won't climb them or won't climb them like the Rhino? Once I got used to proper pedal usage, I climb hills much better. Mine will spin the wheels some but the weight and traction is so great it wants to grab instead of spin. I think of it as driving a semi as compared to a sports car. I'll get there but won't race you to do so.

[quote user="Dargo"]I need to find how to get more power out of it, or get rid of it for something that will do the same work but be compatable for trail riding. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Give it to me [:D]

G

Yea, the RTV is not made for off road trail racing. Its not an ATV and any modifications aren't going to change that. Having larger than normal tires is also going to reduce thepower on the ground. Kubota is now offering ATV or Worksite tires to help with this.

G

Yea, the RTV is not made for off road trail racing. Its not an ATV and any modifications aren't going to change that. Having larger than normal tires is also going to reduce thepower on the ground. Kubota is now offering ATV or Worksite tires to help with this.

Archdean

I will let this post be my last in this forum, I can't begin to tell you how tired I am of this "(Hello is anyone home)" discusion .... A Kubota RTV900 Is not a rocket ship / Moon lander/ F-16 jet fighter/ Heavy lift hellicopter CH47/ or a jet assist skateboard!!

On several forums I have tried (apparently in vain) to either explain the desinged purpose and how to get the maximum performance from the intended machine design!! I might add, to many of the same people!!!
Some got it and decided that the design was right and they were wrong , on the other hand some still don't get it !!! And still want it to be what it never can become!!

Please if you are one who wants a machine to climb hills like a Motocross bike could/should then please accept the fact that this isn't that and do yourself a favor and sell the damn thing and get a xxxxSuper Go-Faster of your choice and be done with it !!!

But please after severael different explanations on as many forums for G/S just the same old complaint on a new forum won't change the spots on this leopard!!
Let's move on to what it can do and not what it can't nor never was itended to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All due respect to anyone that was offended but sooner or later one must come to grips with the fact that skunks don't live in trees and pigs really can't fly!!!!

Rant over!!
Dean

Archdean

I will let this post be my last in this forum, I can't begin to tell you how tired I am of this "(Hello is anyone home)" discusion .... A Kubota RTV900 Is not a rocket ship / Moon lander/ F-16 jet fighter/ Heavy lift hellicopter CH47/ or a jet assist skateboard!!

On several forums I have tried (apparently in vain) to either explain the desinged purpose and how to get the maximum performance from the intended machine design!! I might add, to many of the same people!!!
Some got it and decided that the design was right and they were wrong , on the other hand some still don't get it !!! And still want it to be what it never can become!!

Please if you are one who wants a machine to climb hills like a Motocross bike could/should then please accept the fact that this isn't that and do yourself a favor and sell the damn thing and get a xxxxSuper Go-Faster of your choice and be done with it !!!

But please after severael different explanations on as many forums for G/S just the same old complaint on a new forum won't change the spots on this leopard!!
Let's move on to what it can do and not what it can't nor never was itended to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All due respect to anyone that was offended but sooner or later one must come to grips with the fact that skunks don't live in trees and pigs really can't fly!!!!

Rant over!!
Dean

voyager

The RTV is a work vehicle that does it's job VERY well. It is not a toy for bashing about in. Mine makes me money and I can have a little fun with it now and then, but it is a machine for work.

voyager

The RTV is a work vehicle that does it's job VERY well. It is not a toy for bashing about in. Mine makes me money and I can have a little fun with it now and then, but it is a machine for work.

Archdean

[quote user="voyager"]The RTV is a work vehicle that does it's job VERY well. It is not a toy for bashing about in. Mine makes me money and I can have a little fun with it now and then, but it is a machine for work.[/quote]

Congratulations, You have renewed my faith in humanity!!

Dean

Archdean

[quote user="voyager"]The RTV is a work vehicle that does it's job VERY well. It is not a toy for bashing about in. Mine makes me money and I can have a little fun with it now and then, but it is a machine for work.[/quote]

Congratulations, You have renewed my faith in humanity!!

Dean