A couple more accessories I just added

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought the spreader that mounts to the rear tailgate from Hunterworks this past winter but obviously don't need it mounted every day.
Since the wiring harness and switch remains, I mounted a work light to the bottom of the cargo box just above the muffler and connected to the quick-disconnect plug that comes with the spreader. Now I have light out the back (and down low) which works very well when backing up, connecting a trailer as well as ground lighting when having "beverages" while hanging out in the area of the RTV (same as when everyone leans on the box of a pickup)... Like I really needed another light (as I already added 9) but low and to the rear close to the RTV was always dark.

Another thing I put on was a set of air horns. The OEM horn works "just OK" when the RTV is running but sounds like it's under water or something with the RTV off. I mounted the horns themselves to the bracket that goes across the underside of the hood. The air compressor is mounted on the vertical bar (under the hood) to the left of the brake stuff. I let my kids (3 and 7 years old) wander around in the woods after we stop for a bit but when they hear this new horn, it gets their attention and they know to get closer. They couldn't hear the old horn.

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I bought the spreader that mounts to the rear tailgate from Hunterworks this past winter but obviously don't need it mounted every day.
Since the wiring harness and switch remains, I mounted a work light to the bottom of the cargo box just above the muffler and connected to the quick-disconnect plug that comes with the spreader. Now I have light out the back (and down low) which works very well when backing up, connecting a trailer as well as ground lighting when having "beverages" while hanging out in the area of the RTV (same as when everyone leans on the box of a pickup)... Like I really needed another light (as I already added 9) but low and to the rear close to the RTV was always dark.

Another thing I put on was a set of air horns. The OEM horn works "just OK" when the RTV is running but sounds like it's under water or something with the RTV off. I mounted the horns themselves to the bracket that goes across the underside of the hood. The air compressor is mounted on the vertical bar (under the hood) to the left of the brake stuff. I let my kids (3 and 7 years old) wander around in the woods after we stop for a bit but when they hear this new horn, it gets their attention and they know to get closer. They couldn't hear the old horn.

</P>

G

FYI... you could add them to the RTV gallery. </P>

http://www.compacttractorreview.com/cs/photos/rtv_photo_gallery/default.aspx</P>

G

FYI... you could add them to the RTV gallery. </P>

http://www.compacttractorreview.com/cs/photos/rtv_photo_gallery/default.aspx</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh. Why didn't I know there was a gallery? Must of missed that somehow. I just tried to get to that area via "Site Sections, "Photo Gallery" but it stopped there with the error message "<SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl0_MessageBody>We apologize, but an unknown error has occured in the forums.</SPAN>" Am I taking an incorrect path?</P>

I haven't taken pictures of these mods yet.</P>

It doesn't sound quite like a semi as the pitch is a bit higher but I'd say it's louder and better than what would be found on any car or light truck.</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh. Why didn't I know there was a gallery? Must of missed that somehow. I just tried to get to that area via "Site Sections, "Photo Gallery" but it stopped there with the error message "<SPAN id=_ctl0__ctl0_MessageBody>We apologize, but an unknown error has occured in the forums.</SPAN>" Am I taking an incorrect path?</P>

I haven't taken pictures of these mods yet.</P>

It doesn't sound quite like a semi as the pitch is a bit higher but I'd say it's louder and better than what would be found on any car or light truck.</P>

G

There is a problem with that link, I will fix it then. Thanks.

G

There is a problem with that link, I will fix it then. Thanks.