Future RTV Buyer Questions

G

I plan on buying a Worksite model RTV & it will be used for
residential use (snowplowing in the winter & general use in summer)
& I have the following questions:

1.) Any feedback from anyone using the snowplow attachment with the hydraulic controls?

2.) Your opinion on cab enclosures & type to get?

3.) Any other accessories recommended?

I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California at about the 4000
foot elevation. RTV will be used for general trail riding in the
summer & also general construction/wood hauling, etc projects
around my 2 acres of property. Winter snowplowing will be on both
flat on hilly terrain.

Thanks in advance for you help & I look forward to joining your group in the very near future.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Anonymous,</P>

I can't speak for the cab or plow but if you look at some of the older threads, you should be able to find the info you're looking for.</P>

I would recommend you consider a bed liner if you're hauling firewood. A winch has been a handy accessory for most. Tire selection may also be important. I have the Worksite model and got the HDWS tires. Although I didn't have a chance to try them in the snow (I swapped them out before winter came), they didn't do very well in slick mud or clay. I went with Maxxis Bighorns and they've worked very well in all terrains.</P>

There's all kinds of things that have been added to the RTV. It's going to be a personal preference. Personally, I have a windshield (but no cab), extra lighting, bumper mounted spreader, stereo...</P>

Brian</P>

PS. Can you register so we know who you are for future discussions?</P>

G

Brian,

Thanks for you reply! Also, can you shed any light on whether I need to be an RTV owner first before I register.

John

G

Absolutly not! My biggest piece of equipment is my 6.75Hp push mower and I'm registered :)