dream machine

G

Hello to the group. I finally found a group that has learned from trial and error with this utv. I am seriously looking at the Kubota and would like a few opinions.</P>

</P>

1. I have about 14,000 to spend on this.</P>

2. What would you guys recommend that I have to keep it under this price. (accessories)</P>

3. Tires</P>

4. Windshield</P>

5. Winch</P>

6. Bed Dump Automatic</P>

7. Spray in liner or not.</P>

8. Would you prefer Kubota based on competition now. (Polaris, Honda, Kawasaki, etc..)</P>

9. How many bugs still need to be worked out with this model.</P>

Thank you all for your replies. They will greatly help me with my selection. </P>

I will mainly be using it for our goat ranch (150 head) and also for hunting. We live where there is a lot of black land mud. Please advise. </P>

Kyle Ewing, CPT, US Army, </P>

Home: Paris, Texas</P>

G

Kyle,</P>

Sorry I haven't replied earlier. I didn't see your post.</P>

I'm going to start with #8. The RTV is in a different class than the others mentioned. It's primary purpose is work. It won't do 40+ mph like the others so it doesn't have as much of a "play" factor. The others are either a mix of work/play (Polaris) or 90% play (Rhino).</P>

All the bugs have been pretty much worked out. The only possible exception is that some of the gauges fog up.</P>

If you don't really need the camo version, save your $ and get an orange one. I would probably recommend the Worksite model as it's the most versatile and comes with the dump bed (whichyou'll really appreciate) and a grill guard.</P>

Your dealer should offer you a choice of tires. Since you have the mud, I would recommend the ATV type tires. The HDWS tires don't like mud at all. There's also a lot of good aftermarket tires as well. (ITP 489's, Mut-Lites, Maxxis Bighorns).</P>

OK... Now, let's say you get a Worksite model with the ATV tires. I don't know what pricing is in your area but let's say it's around $12,000 out the door. That leaves $2000 for accessories. I'm really good at spending other people's money so here goes.</P>

A spray in liner is a good idea. If you do spray it, most have also removed the rubber floor mat in the cab and had that area done as well. Probably $300. If you expect high impacts to the bed (large rocks, firewood...), you may also want to consider the bed liner.</P>

I would get Kubota's OEM black plastic roof. Keep the sun, rain... off you from that direction first. $200 or so.</P>

Winch - It's pretty much a "must have". Although you may not use it a lot, all it needs to do is save you once and it paid for itself (kind of like a radar detector). The Ramsey or Warn 3000# winches are the favorites. The Ramsey also has a wireless remote control which is handy. $375 (or less) via e-bay sellers.</P>

Windshield - I also believe this is a key item. For your area, just keeping the bugs off your face will be invaluable. Up here, it's also great for snow and wind chill. As for what kind or which to get, this gets into a grey area. The OEM glass one is very nice but also very expensive. I don't recall exactly but $600-700 sounds familiar. There's a couple aftermarket ones but pay close attention to what it's made out of as well as the mounting. A few of us have made our own. Mine is 3/16" Lexan with mar-guard. Bulletproof and won't scratch or yellow. The bad part is that Lexan pricing has gotten very high. If I had to do it again, not sure but the material may be about $400. With that pricing, I would probably spend the extra $ and go with OEM.</P>

Let's see where we are...
$12000 RTV with tilt bed, grill guardand ATV tires
$ 300 spray in bed liner/floor
$ 200 black plastic roof
$ 375 (or less) for a winch
$ 700 OEM windshield
$13575 total

Cool, I have another $425 of yours to spend.</P>

Other things I'd consider.
$60 Speedometer
$25 Trailer hitch and ball (get from Wal-mart or something)
$tbd You may want some aux. lighting. I put a light in the cab area, another over the cargo box. These are handy. I also put 4 more out the front, 1 out each side and 1 under the bed to light the hitch area and for backing up. I also put on a spot-light for long distance and a strobe light for road or public place visibility.</P>

Things I wouldn't recommend getting:
glovebox
under hood storage box</P>

So, you can get it loaded up pretty good for $14,000.</P>

Brian</P>

PS. Thanks for your military service!!! I was in the USMC from '82-'86</P>

G

Thanks for your reply. I believe that I will go with the orange. It will make it easier to see and will be cheaper. Also, definetly the atv tires, windshield, winch, lighting and spray in floor and bedliner. I really like the lights idea. I will have to incorporate that for sure. Thanks so much. Kyle Ewing.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Kyle,</P>

Let us know how it goes. BTW, please sign on so we recognize you and your posts in the future.</P>

For lighting (and other ideas), pull up a chair with one of your favorite beverages and read through some other posts.</P>

Brian</P>

rleonard

I have the OEM windshield. Really like it. Well made,
sturdy, will not scratch. I went with the OEM bedliner and added
a plate to increase impact resistance of the bed. Another
inexpensive addition are the tail light guards. I bent the ones
up on the Mule that I used to have backing into the woodpile.

My 2 cents.

Bob