Name Game

Scotty

First of all a big thanks to all of you who've welcomed me to this forum. Secondly, please know that I truly love my RTV. In all aspects except one that is.</P>

When asked what kind of utility vehicle they own, others can reply with catchy names like Gator, Mule, Rhino, Prowler or Ranger. When someone asks me what I drive I'm forced to say "RTV900". That just doesn't roll off ones tongue now does it. Pretty lame. As a work around I tell folks that Kubota put their creative energy into designing the vehicle rather then into picking the name.</P>

I doubt that we as a group have any clout with Kubota to rectify this embarrasing situation but you sure could help me out. You see, my wife is even bothered by this RTV900 nomenclature and has started referring to our rig as "Babe". That stinks guys.</P>

I'm hoping that we, as a group, could come up with a catchy name for our RTV's. Surely we can do better then RTV900 or BABE.</P>

Have at it........</P>

Tact

I call mine "Diesel"</P>

My truck is "Red Thunder"</P>

My Bobcat skid steer is called "T-rex"</P>

My vette is called "Blue Lagoon"</P>

ETC..............</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't put the name to mine, but the name stuck... "KuBaby".

Gotta run for now but I'll ponder it over the weekend.

G

It would probably have some japaneese name... they could call it the Panda! That just screams power. </P>

</P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I used to have a Kawasaki Mule, so the collies were use to me telling them to" load up on theMule."When I got the 900, I finally weaned them off the term andcalled it THE K.They couldn't wait to jump on in anticipation of the next adventure.This machine is much more a HOSS than a little mule so I think I will now call mine HOSS.{I loved Bonanza when I was growing up}Get ready for the new name collies.Thanks, Bordercollie

Scotty

The "Rattler". I like that. Not only because of the rattle but the fact that they can slither all over the place, swallow more then you might imagine, and get the job done. This is my favorite so far. Beats the heck out of "Babe".</P>

Ricochet

LOL Rattler! I like Hoss best. </P>

Well, for some reason the Japanese didn't feel like being creative when naming it so like Acura, Lexus &Infiniti they choose to give it a nomenclature style name. </P>

FYI:<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>RTV900 = Rough Terrain Vehicle and the 900 is taken from the Kubota diesel engine series used in it i.e. engine #D902.</P>

jolaru

How about "VENTURE" for Kubota's new effort?</P>

How about "MAMMOTH" for a dominate creature?</P>

How about "OVERLAND" or "PATHFINDER" for purpose?</P>

How about "BARRON" as in land barron?</P>

Then creative, how about "ZEBULON" after Zebulon Pike that led the Lewis and Clark Expedition in 1806 and descovered Pike's Peak in Colorado while establishing the western boundary of the Louisiana Purchase?</P>

G

Gator

When the neighbor seen it with the cab he said it looked like a lady bug.The name bughas stuck ever since. Had to drop the lady, its a man thing.</P>

How about the <FONT color=#ff0000>KUBOTANATOR</FONT>!!!</P>

</P>

Ron</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="ajdillon"]She claims I was toy deprived as a child[/quote]

Then you better hurry up and start making up for it!!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump!

Lots of new members.

Do you have a name for your RTV?

Bordercollie, are you sticking with Hoss or going with Workhorse?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
And I thought I was crazy slapping a name on mine. Purchase mine on 10 Feb, '07 ~~~~ and on 11 Feb, '07~~~~~ Mine turned into the " IRON BOAR" </P>

Other than doing all the farm work & deer management,and also the owner of a sign company,made a decal and installed it on the very next day !!! And for sure, everybody in town knows what the Iron Boar is !!!!</P>

Pictures come in kinda big, might have to slide the bar over to see the decal !!!</P>

Pumpkin

Gold Site Supporter
My granddaughter upon seeing it for the first time named it the PUMPKIN and the name has not changed.</P>

PS: I love my PUMPKIN.And thanks to this site, I just did the 50 hour with no problem.</P>

DigOrange

My brother asked me the other day if I still liked my "Big Orange Dork-Mobile". I don't think I will stay with that name. I like "The Rattler". Just need a cool sticker.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Decisions, Decisions!! Workhorse is a bit impersonal so I think I will stick with The Hoss. Humm... It might qualify for dork mobile[*-)] but no way could I do that to the collies!! I used The Hoss to shore up the catch pen when we sold 93 calves this morning. I just love that bumper!! Bordercollie[&]

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
WELCOME PUMPKIN!!!! I know you will enjoy this site. So many helpful hints and suggestions. I bought my Hoss because of this site and have really learned to get the most out of it here. Learning the trans technique was priceless. Good luck with Pumpkin and Enjoy!! Bordercollie[&]

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<TABLE class=CAMultiPage id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___EditorPages_table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply><FONT color=#ffa500>DigOrange </FONT></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<FONT face=Verdana>When you figure out what you want to call it . You know a custom decal can be made . They don't cost that much !!!!!Just a matter of size and color ~~~~~~~ shipping ~~~~</FONT></P>