Fuel consumption

doggman

I went almost 20 hours on 5 gallons of fuel. I don't think I ever owned anything that used so little fuel. It puts my gas 4X6 Gator to shame - and whole lot of other equipment, too.</P>

I usually slow bell it around but even so it's remarkable. Those 20 hours saw several heaping loads of firewood, towed the log splitter around, towed a smallold race car trailer that's now a utility trailer, and saw a couple of joy rides to the neighbors with the throttle in the company notch... </P>

In case the time ever comes - has anybody run any homemade biodiesel through their machine, yet? </P>

G

I have a few customers who run biodiesel. From what I have heard as long as you are using less than 5% you should expect no adverse problems. I have heard people doing higher mixes, but its a real unknown at this point. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, you're getting great mileage.

I was thinking I get about 2.3 or 2.5 hours/gallon.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have 704 hrs on my RTV and have had it for1 year. I agree the milage is great! During a nine day power outagebecause ofKatrina, I didn't have to worry about running out of diesel! I didn't keep up with how many hours I used it that period but it was a lot.I just love this machine.Bordercollie

DwRam

Site Supporter
I only have about 30 hours on my RTV1100. What I've measured so far for fuel consumption is about .5 gallons/hour. And that has mostly been plowing snow in a January where the average temperature was about 16 degrees. Just curious what others get for fuel consumption.

:drink:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Use my hunting .....
Mine runs almost on air alone, every now and then, it might grab a drop of
diesel.

Seriously, they run forever on a tank !!!!

When ours was new. Run it for awhile. Fuel guage showed full. Never moved.
Run it longer. Never moved.
Called my dealer and told him I think my guage is not working. He said "why".
Told him about how much I have run, and the guage has not moved.:confused2:
His reply, " TAKE FUEL CAP OFF, LOOK AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU HAVE, AND GIVE ME A CALL BACK" ....
Did I feel crazy, I did as instructed. That was the hardest phone call I had to make. Reason fuel guage didn't move. RTV didn't hardly burn any fuel.
Things are not always what they appear to be !!!!

.......... two guns

Attachments

• Mercat.jpg
    Mercat.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 123

AdamsRepair

Biodiesel

In case the time ever comes - has anybody run any homemade biodiesel through their machine, yet? </P>
Biodiesel being run in an underground mine where the temp is always 85-90 deg and 80% and up humidity. They run good, just don't let them sit with it in them or you get this. This one was park and not started for over 9 months Yuk! Oh yeah it eats rubber lines and lift pumps pretty fast.

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/album.php?albumid=49&pictureid=164

Attachments

• Biodiesel 003.jpg
    Biodiesel 003.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Biodiesel 001.jpg
    Biodiesel 001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 95

BaiJiu

Good thread, I don't know how much fuel mine is using but it isn't much, I'm monitoring the fuel in it now, I have 7.5 hours on this tank and it hardly moved off full, however I'v noticed that after it gets below half the needle tends to move downward faster.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I do my best to ALWAYS keep my tanks full.
That way there is no room for condisation to build up.

That goes for ALL my tools, toys, equipment, vehicles. Expecially GENERATORS !!!
Keep Stabil and SeaFoam in tanks that stay dormant for a month or so ....
Change out fuel once a year on generators. That way it's ALWAYS has good fuel.
And we use ONLY non-ethonal fuel in our engines ....
The fuel taken out of Generators, are used instantly in something else ... it is not
wasted .....

....... two guns

Attachments

• Help Someone.jpg
    Help Someone.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 87

King

its getting hard to find non ethanol fuel around here and they want more money for it of course but I really like it for the chainsaws and generators.