Sunvisors?

doggman

I'm looking for suggestions for a fold down sunvisor for my RTV. I have the the metal FOPS without a console kit.</P>

Thanks, Craig</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Craig,

Refresh my memory. What kind of roof do you have on yours? Do you have a windshield?

For the visor, do you want something like what's in a car or something more like dark tinted glass?

Brian

doggman

I have the metal (FOPS) roof without a windshield. </P>

I was looking for something like an automotiveswing down type rather than a fixed type. The roof overhang is more than adequate but it's so high that it doesn't shield out much direct sunlight in the morning and late afternoon.</P>

I guess I could go to a junkyard and pick up a pair but they probably won't be too weather proof. A type made for the elements would be better. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Craig,

If you do a search on e-bay for "O-Clamp", these are clamps made for DJ lighting but work very well for attaching things to the ROPS. I used them to attach my windshield (and other things). If you used 2 of these clamps, you could get a piece of dark tinted plexiglass and either make it so it comes off (the clamps are such that the whole thing could be removed in about 20 seconds) or hinged so it would flip up.

Brian