moving the air intake

G

Ijust bought my rtv and the service manager told me thatIneed to move my air intake soI don't eat up filters. any one done this if so what doI need?

G

What are you going to use the RTV for that makes the service manager nervous?

I think Kubota actually has a different setup available.

G

Kubota is building a factory kit to move the air intake to the top of the ROPS. It looks awesome, I've seen pictures. I am not sure if its shipping now or not, the cost was very reasonable.

labaherd

thanks for the info. i will check with the dealer. do you guys think this is a waste? just going to use it for stuff around the ranch. fencing watering that kind of stuff.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That was me asking what you're going to use it for.

Honestly, I would hold off on getting it. Run it for awhile under your normal conditions and check the filter periodically. I drive mine in quite a mix of stuff and my filters are OK. If your's seem to get exceptionally dirty then consider the new setup. If I recall correctly, you're supposed to change them every 100 hours or so. The inside filter in particular still looks new after 100 hours.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome, to the forum . I moved my air intake myself. I have 883 hrs on my RTV . I work and live on a cattle farm and use the Rtv every day. I have had Hoss since Feb o5 and could NOT do without it. The gravel roads are dusty and the turn rows are too. I could go through a filter every couple of weeks and the blowing them out only lasted a short time.#1 I left the filter in its original position and removed the air box that the hose is mounted to .# 2 I found some scrap plastic pipe the same size as the air cleaner hose.. #3 I got a large pvc T, a small section of pvc so I could cap one end of the T and drilled a small hole in the cap {same size holeas in the original air box} This would be for moisture to drain I guess. #4 I used another short piece of pvc to join the original hose to the T #5 then I ran the remaining link of pvc to up under my roof. I actually used conduit pvc pipe out of the scrap pile. This had a nice swing to it atthe roof end so I had a built in curve. I did cut it at a slantUPUNDER the roof ledge to make it look more muffler like. So far the cable ties have held it in place just fine. I painted it black . It is a tight fit but it works for me. My filter is 3 months old and looks like new. I would make sure this did not void the warranty on a new machine. Good Luck and what do you raise on your farm?? Bordercollie[&]

ajdillon

We had a whole thread about moving the air intake. Kubota makes a raised intake kit for models with a cab and with no cab. Both are reasonably priced. The thread is located at: </P>

http://compacttractorreview.com/cs/forums/thread/3896.aspx</P>

Andrew</P>

labaherd

thanks again for the info.this thing is new to me so I figuredI could get better info from people that use them every day.</P>

ps</P>

I raise horses and cattle. and are running bar cross sheep for the dogs.</P>

Captain

Moving air intake

This works great for my use. It has virtually eliminated dirty filters. The top fixture is a Donaldson Top-Spin pre-cleaner. Cost was $25. plus cost of a 1-1/4" PVC pipe and hose.

Attachments

• Kubota Buggy 001.jpg
    Kubota Buggy 001.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Kubota Buggy 002.jpg
    Kubota Buggy 002.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 277

LETHAL GTS

RTV900 *V4271 HIGH MOUNT AIR CLEANER(ROPS) $220.00 CAD
RTV1100 *V4276 HIGH MOUNT AIR INTAKE KIT (CAB)$264.00 CAD

Kits are simple to install and everything is tucked away nicely so they can't be caught on anything.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I switched to the high mount filter a couple of years ago....maybe 300 hours or so. Previous to that on my 05 I was blowing/cleaning it ALL the time perhaps every 10 hours. Since then, I checked it for the first perhaps every 10 hours but that was it. NOW am perhaps checking it every 100. Getting the filter up out of that wheel well is a no brainer.

Captain I do like YOUR method. The factory system works well; but that big ol can sometimes get in the way of the bucket of the FEL when dumping gravel and such......Dennis

Captain

Pre-cleaner

That was the reason for my design. The factory conversions interfered with my top seat rack and rifle rest (plus a healthier chunk of my wallet and ensuing waste of the original parts). My total cost was $30 +/-. Captain

rellis3640

Donaldson Pre Cleaner

I have been searching for the Donaldson Pre Cleaner that you have there and the Amsoil site that I got sent to is listing there filters like 140 to over 400 US dollars. Where do I go and get the one you have there for 25 dollars.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Rellis....Surely not speaking for The Captain; but seems that his is made from readily available parts from a building supply and auto supply. Perhaps doing a search for "air cleaners" or "high lift" will give you further information on home built/design and factory......Dennis

Captain

Donaldson filter

I just did a search for "Donaldson Top Spin pre cleaner" and brought up the website. The filter I originally bought has been improved. The new comparable model is "H002434". If you cannot find a dealer locally, send me an email and I will try to help you. Captain

rellis3640

High Rise Air Intake

Thanks to all, I finally found the one in the photo. Ordered yesterday and hope to have system changed by next week.

Captain

Air intake plumbing

If you are trying to duplicate my hookup, you will need a rubber hose elbow. I had to search for a while to find one to fit the filter cannister. I have the part number at home. I will try to send it tonight or in the morning. BTW, what did you pay for the Donaldson? You have to remember that I bought mine about 2006. Captain

Captain

Filter cannister cover

Something else I found useful was to safety wire the cannister cover snaps. I did so after nearly losing mine (apparently some brush snagged the wire clip and popped it loose). Captain

rellis3640

Moving the air Intake

I got it as follows and found it at the yahoo.net store. Note the part number.

Full View Precleaner For H001251 1 34.05
2.5" Tube
Subtotal 34.05
Shipping 11.83
Tax 0.00
Total 45.88

At this point I am trying to figure a way to install a beeper on the emergency brake, seems in my old age I am getting all timers and forget that it is on. However I have had no luck in tying it to the light(wire's that run to the light), not sure what the deal is there.

Captain

Old timers v.s. CHS (Can't hear shots)

Looks like you are using a larger diameter pipe for the 2.5" inlet. Mine is the H002040 @ 2.00" inlet. I would like to help you with the beeper but I wouldn't ever know if it was beeping or not! Huh! Whadda say! However, being hearing impaired also permits selective hearing when the wife is speaking. Captain