jdh1

<font color="#000000"><font size="1"><font face="Arial"><font size="3">HI everyone,seems like a great forum here,I'm going to receive a 2006 RTV Worksite this saturday. I'v been reading a lot on this site and I would like your opinon on a few things. I will be using the RTV in the Finger Lakes region of New York state. It's hilly, nothing real steep and a fair amount of mud and snow in certain times of the year. I traded in the worksite tires for the ATV tires. I think these will be better in the mud and I'll possibly be purchasing a plow in the future. I'm wondering about engine oil, I think i'll use the Kubota 10-30 at least untill the warranty is over. Why doesn't everybody stick with the Kubota oil since according to the manual it's good in any temperature? Also saw a post concerning the hydralic filters being too tight from the factory so I thought about just loosening them up a little and then retightining them before I use the machine, it always seems that filters get tighter after use and if I wait untill the 50 hour service they might be stuck. In general how deep in water can you go without harming anything, I saw a reference in the manual about the bottom of the wheel hub?

THANKS, jdh1
</font>
</font></font></font>

malojeer

since mine is out of warranty I useShell Rotella 15W40 the same oil I use in my Dodge Diesel.Rotella gets high marks for satisfaction from customers with 18 wheelers and light duty trucks like mine.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
jdh1

Welcome to the forum.

Switching the tires to the ATV was a good idea. For your terrain they're the better selection.

As for oil, I too would stick with the Kubota oil until the warrantee is over. After that.... well, I guess that's up to you. I'm on many forums where the "which is the better oil" gets more heated than "which is the better truck". I don't recall where malojeer is but 15w40 sounds a little heavy for your winter conditions.

If your RTV is going to be in an unheated area in the winter, you may want to consider getting a block heater as well as a heater for your tranny. They do help on the cold winter days. I put mine on 24 hour timers and have them kick on about 2 hours before I would plan on using it (just after work).

As for water depth... Well, I won't (shouldn't) say you can go deeper as I don't want to give advise that could damage your machine but let's just say that I've gone through a bit deeper than that. Mud is much worse as it's a real bugger to clean out afterwards.