06Kubota003.jpg
</P>

06Kubota004.jpg
</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SWEET!!!

One thought. I didn't like my front winch strap/hook hanging down. For now, I'm using a cheap bungie cord and wrapped it around the grill guard as pictured.

My plan is to take a rubber bungie cord that's just snug when going left to right to the main vertical beams on the grill guard (behind where it says RTV). Then, remove the hooks and replace with bolts/washers and secure this cord to the back of the grill guard. It's out of the way when not in use but you can pull it down and connect the winch hook to it.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Coastline"]Thats a good idea, I really haven't given it a lot of thought though, hmmm.[/quote]
Sorry, I go anal/micro some times. As pictured, mine is still the same. It works so I just haven't gone the step to finish it as described.

G

What kind of rims and tires are those and where did u get them? Do u have a lift kit on it?

<p class="MsoNormal">I just wanted to ask you how you like your Essex Surefoot
tires. I am looking at upgrading my ATV style tires to something
more aggressive for the Winter and Spring months. Currently the ATV
tires are not cutting it here in <st1:State><st1:place>Minnesota</st1:place></st1:State>
with the snow we have. I do use my RTV for work around the
ranch and want to have a tire that can handle the load of the RTV plus possible
cargo weight.<span style=""> </span>I called AllTerrainOnLine
and they recommended the 27 Essex Surefoot tires with the 2 inch lift kit.<span style=""> </span>Let me know easy the lift kit installation
was and how the tires are holding up.<span style="">
</span>Thanks.<span style=""> </span>P.S. I have included a
picture of the current snow here in <st1:place>SE Minnesota</st1:place>.<span style=""> </span></p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
NOW THAT, IS A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE >>>> </P>

Man's Best Friends, His Dogs & His RTV !!!!</P>

<p class="MsoNormal">The Hounds love the RTV as well. They normally
do not ride in the back ( just for picture ). If I just open the shed and
walk over to the RTV the dogs start going nuts, howlingwaiting for me to
start it up. I use the RTV to make trails in the snow so that the dogs
can get their exercise. We have some really strange snow this
year. We got about a foot of snow and then it rained on top of
that. The result is a hard crust on top of the snow that is hard to break
through. Currently I use my tractor to break initial trail so that I can
ride with the RTV. I sure could use more aggressive tires instead
of the ATV style that I have. Doing my research and hopefully with
some good advice from this forum will be able to make up my mind by early next
week. Thanks.</p>

<span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman";">Thanks, I will check email. Any
information on tire comparison, pros and cons is greatly appreciated.
</span>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Dieselhound, Those are fine looking pups!! I have ITP 27"Mudlite XTR s onmy machine. They are 9" wide in front and 11" in the rear. There is absolutely no rubbing and I don't have a lift kit . I just put them on period. This 27"radial has a good ride and very deep tread. They will make a brand new kubota atv tire look "slick" when compared side by side. I understand that the tread on the 26" isn't quite as deep. I had orderedpolished rims and26" mudlitesXL hundreds and hundreds of hours ago. These were good too but when they wore out , I ordered the 27" to go on those rims.I gotmy set of 27" XTRmudlite radialsfor $400 delivered. Ifound them on ebay.There are a lot of choices but with the wet ,boggy cow pastures these are what I needed.I can go 2 wd in a lot of wet places now.Good Luck and have fun looking. 1,743 hrs and counting.Bordercollie[&][&]

<p class="MsoNormal">Bordercollie, </p>

<p class="MsoNormal"><span style=""> </span>Thanks for
the reply.<span style=""> </span>I am currently researching th
589’s and the MudLite XTRs.<span style=""> </span>The XTRs
look like a nice tire.<span style=""> </span>I will keep you
posted with my decision.<span style=""> </span>Thanks for the
good information.<span style=""> </span></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="DieselHound"]I called AllTerrainOnLine
and they recommended the 27 Essex Surefoot tires with the 2 inch lift kit.<span style=""> </span>Let me know easy the lift kit installation
was and how the tires are holding up.<span style=""> </span><span style=""></span>[/quote]
I wouldn't install a lift kit unless/until you found the need. If there's no rubbing, I wouldn't do it as it unnecessarily raises your center-of-gravity.
If you do get the lift kit, there's a thread here where I posted how I installed it. I'll find/bump it if you want. The instructions that came with it at the time (I don't know if they've been changed) didn't work for anyone I know that tried them.
I like the 589's but I wouldn't run them in the yard.

BCZOOM,
Thanks for willing to help out with lift kit installation. I ordered my tires and rims today without the lift kit. I have received plenty of advise from fellow forum users that they indeed did not have to use the lift kit with either the 589s or MudLite XTRs 27 inch tires. If there should be a problem, I will order the lift kit later. I went with the MudLites XTR 27inch tires and the ITP C-Series Cast Aluminum Camo Wheels. Rims are a bit fancy, but it is the season and I figured to go with the camo since the rest of the RTV is in camo format ( recreational version ). I will post a picture when I get them installed on the RTV. I will be saving the stock ATV tires and wheels so that I can replace the MudLites in the summer if needed. . I can wait to see how the new tires hold up in the Minnesota snow and ice.