Online Manual?

doggman

Does anyone know if there is an online.pdf or HTML RTV repairmanual or parts manual available? I did a couple of searches but nothing turned up. Some other manufacturers and parts distributors have them for their respective equipment lines.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is there something in particular you're looking for?

I thought they were on this site but may be on our forum host's home page. www.messicks.com
On the left side of their page, you can get parts, service... information.

G

http://www.streamload.com/kubota4you/RTVseries/RTV900G.pdf

Parts manual

doggman

bczoom - I was looking for some info on adjustments to the fuel pump/governor/speed control plate, etc. I've had a slight loss of rpm/speed/power and it acts like a governor type issue. It's not a fuel supply problem like a bad filter, etc.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't recall much of the information you're looking for being in the manual(s). Also, I believe all the things you're considering adjusting are either double-nutted or have safety wire so I'm doubting something has come loose (and mis-adjusted itself). Basically, I think an adjustment would be covering up an issue.

In almost every RTV I've seen that has encountered a similar issue, it's worked out to be that the tranny fluid and filters need replaced. If the flow isn't good, you'll encounter the conditions you mentioned. Have you been doing the incremental fluid/filter changes and using the SUDT fluid?

Brian

doggman

I've only got about 40 hours since I changed fluid (SUDT), filters, etc. But your point is well taken. I keep my RTV in an attachedgarage but at this time of year there's probably a pack rat nest in my air filter housing.They'll buildnests overnight in my dozers, Gator, and L-4310. I can't buy enough bait barsand wasp spray in the fall.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like you need a cat in that garage...

Checking/changing your air filter is probably a great start.

Probably some stupid questions but I'll throw them out anyway. Have you added anything of any significant weight to your RTV? (This time of year, it seems I'm always loaded down with logging chains and other such things that add a decent amount of weight but I never take into account since the pile of "stuff" looks so small... although it's probably 500 pounds).

Have you change tire sizes or anything that could have an effect?

Aussie Mick

Try cleaning your spark arrestor as sometimes they will clog up with carbon etc. Normally worse when the RTV is being usedfor heavy labouror due to fuel impurities</P>

</P>

doggman

The muffler drain and the spark arrestor are clear. But another good suggestion.</P>

I'm going to see if I can get a tach hooked up somehow to see what it's turning under load at full fuel. </P>

G

Hello, went to the site, pdf opens at pg 1, but will not download beyond pg 1. Any ideas?

Chandler

I checked this site out too without any luck. I went ahead and ordered all the manuals from messicks, owners, service, and parts manuals. If you planto keep the RTV for a long time this is the best way to go.

doggman

The <A>http://www.streamload.com/kubota4you/RTVseries/RTV900G.pdf</A>parts manual site that somebody posted is a 451 page .pdf file that is over 6 MB in size. It takes a LONG time to download even with broadband. I think the site's server is slow. I wouldn't even try it with dial up or a slow processor.</P>

However, it was working fine this morning.
</P>