What angle will a RTV roll

RTV900

Has anybody rolled there RTV. I've got a couple of places that make me very nervous to go through and was wondering just how off camber it will go.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="RTV900"]just how off camber it will go.[/quote]
All the way until it tips [:O]

Actually, I don't know. I park on the sides of some relatively steep hills, get off, then push on the ROPS to see if it feels tippy. So far, it'll hang in there on a lot steeper banks then I drive on.

Banzai

when ya'll find out, let me know. </P>

i have been at almost 45 degrees, and that is with 27 inch tires. </P>

it was a bit hairy....but i got out. </P>

RTV900

<FONT size=2>

That's a good enough answer for me Banzai. I don't have enough pucker to take it over 45 degrees. Do you have a lift on yours.</P></FONT>

Ricochet

At 45 degrees you would betesting your ROPS for sure.It's been tested to 30 degrees and anything more than that is not safe. It's very hard to measure angle or slope without the proper devices on-hand. So, from what I have seen...35 degrees would be the maximum you could hope to survive.</P>

G

I have an RTV900 I use for chukar hunting. The only problem is
the small tires. I had to replace the skid plates with heavy duty
ones custom made. Does anyone have any information on larger
tires? and if they are available

G

If you check some of the other messages here you'll find several people who have swapped out their tires for larger ones. </P>

</P>

Hawk

Even though the RTV is a high machine all of the weight os on the bottom which gives it a low center of gravity. The RTV is just like an H1 Hummer it can lean out much farther than I think (would not recommend it), and its still able to power its way out. Lift kits dont help much with the center of gravity.

Anonymous, did you have to get your skid plates made by someone or did you make them yourself? What kind of metal is it and how thick? Does the weight affect the power?