Hard top questions-2005 RTV900R ( bought in May 2005)

Captain

Just recently found this forum. I purchased the RTV900R in May'05 with the V4217 Hard top and a V4216 Glass windshield. I assumed the top would be camo or at least Kubota gray or black color. It was ORANGE! Dealer's salesman advised it only came in the Kubota orange color. Wasthis true (as of May '05)? I was not told about the need for heavy duty struts or springs. Since I never drove a unit without the hard top and W/S, I have nothing to compare. Mine seems to handle safely. Any comments? Does anyone know a source for the Realtree Hardwood pattern camo film to match the RTV camo? Can the hard doors,hardware and rear plexiglas be ordered to complete the cab enclosure?Captain

ajdillon

I bought mine in July of 2005 and it came with a soft cab, windshield and blackmetal roof. The roof was covered with a cloth shower cap looking camo cover, which shredded the first time I trailered it to East Texas for a hunt. I think the zippers I installed for my lights didn't help. I found a local Camo Clad rep (www.camoclad.com) and had the top covered with a Real Tree film that was a nice match for the body. I attached a picture so you can check it out.</P>

Good luck</P>

Andrew</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Captain.

Not sure when it came out but the plastic camo roof (V4255) is available. The camo slip cover Andrew mentioned is available as well (V4263).

Be careful what you have/order to complete the cab enclosure. What you have not is compatable but the V4255 plastic roof I mentioned above isn't.

You shouldn't need the heavy duty suspension for what you have installed (windshield and roof). If you put the full hard cab setup on, you should then upgrade the suspension.

Brian

G

Real tree sells a camo tape that is made to be applied to the metal roof to make it match the rest of the machine. You could also try that. </P>

</P>

</P>