RTV Front locking differential

G

Kosh, I've been inquiring about this subject for months. Currently, nobody makes a locking front end for an RTV900. I am hoping that will change if enough of us RTV owners keep asking for it.</P>

T</P>

</P>

Kosh

Thanks for the reply. I've just bought a RTV 900 and found that I have enough power, I just can't get it to the ground.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Kosh"]Thanks for the reply. I've just bought a RTV 900 and found that I have enough power, I just can't get it to the ground.[/quote]
Kosh,

Welcome to the forum.

What kind of issue are you having? It sounds traction related. What tires are you running and what are your ground conditions?

The worksite tires DO NOT LIKE MUD. It won't matter if you have 16 wheel drive and all are locked. Once coated/loaded with mud, you're probably not going anywhere...

Brian

Kosh

Brian,</P>

Thanks for the welcome. I have an orchard and I pull a little utility trailer(5'X10'). I have the tjd cat tracks on my RTV. Iloaded the trailer with wood and was pulling it up a hill and I spun out. I stepped on the diff lock and I had three tracks turning and still couldn't get up the hill. The ground was frozen so there wasn't much traction. After a few tries I made it up the hill. I was surprised because a few weeks before this I used my Gator 6X4 and pulled this hill without incidence. Of course the ground wasn't frozen then. Thanks for the input!! </P>

Rick</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rick,

Sounds like you were on an icy surface. On ice, not much you can do for traction.[:(]

G

Hawk, Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Rick

Kosh

Hawk, I called Detroit Locker and they said that they didn't know anything about the Kubota RTV. I asked if they had any plans to build one and they said they didn't at this time. Kosh