Got new work and play toy

Beagle

Well bought myself a new Christmas toy A new RTV900 worksite. Retired the old trusty 99 mule 550. The new RTV has Kubota 's orange metalroof, their plastic windshield, front grill guard, ITP mudliteson their alum. rimsand a warn 2.5 winch off the old mule. Already have 14 hrs. on it as we usethem every day for work on the farm. 90% work, 10% play and hunting.It seems to be getting better with ever hour we put on it. The hyd. bed dump is great compared to the old mule. Dealer has the new fuel cap ordered as mine was leaking. The hyd. transmission is great.Want to add a spray-in bed-liner and some more lighting.Would like to add LED's if I can find them. Like the site full of info.</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you adopting? I could use a new RTV for Christmas.[:)]

Congrats on your new toy (ah, I mean tool).

Beagle

Do not know if wife would allow that. But come on down to MS. and play in the mud and enjoy our weather, just stick around a day or two it will change. 70 degrees and rain today last week 27 degrees and chance of snow flurries.</P>

Getting cost for spray in bed liners. The best price or quote so far is $200 is that about average? Thanks in advance for any info.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

ts</P>

Chandler

I got a quote on mine last week and it was 200.00 also. So I asked him what they charged for a short bed pickup and he said 319.00. I thought for the difference in the size of them that the price was a little high on the Kubota. I didn't make a appointment, thought I would check somewhere else. I live here in West TN if that helps any.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you're having someone do the spray-in, many also have the rubber mat on the floor in the passenger compartment removed and have the floor there sprayed as well.

Beagle

OK they tell me it is the way the spray in material is packaged with the smallest being for a shortbed stepside and that is why the cost is $200 for that small a bed. Makes sense I guess. Probably just have the bed done not to sure if I want the floorboard done. Only thing I have found don't like is theKubota plastic winshield it scratches to easy and it sticks out past theROPS about a 1 1/2 " on each side perfect for the limbs to hit and break the edge. Would have got the glass but was afraid it would get broken quickley. Anyone know of anything to coat the plasticwindshield with to make it a little more scratchproof.Thanks and happy New Year.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Beagle, I know you will just love your RTV. I have 1200 hrs on mine and love it more every day.I went through a ditch that had flooded over this week and water went up to the headlights for a second ..then climbed out just fine. Sinch we have cattle, I got the plastic liner , that way fence posts and rough stuff doesn't dent my bed. Good Luck !!! You will have fun thinking about all of the spray rigs, trailers, and other neat stuff you can do with it. I had a Mule before too. I'll never go back. I just love the power steering on the RTV too. It makes spraying so easy! Bordercollie[&]

G

[quote user="Beagle"]OK they tell me it is the way the spray in material is packaged with the smallest being for a shortbed stepside and that is why the cost is $200 for that small a bed. Makes sense I guess. Probably just have the bed done not to sure if I want the floorboard done. Only thing I have found don't like is theKubota plastic winshield it scratches to easy and it sticks out past theROPS about a 1 1/2 " on each side perfect for the limbs to hit and break the edge. Would have got the glass but was afraid it would get broken quickley. Anyone know of anything to coat the plasticwindshield with to make it a little more scratchproof.Thanks and happy New Year.[/quote]I put in my own bedliner in my RTV.I bought the herculiner(spelling?)brand roll on liner.I sanded the rtv bed and cabfloor,cleaned it with acetone and rolled and brushed on the herculiner(two coats)all for $80 bucks.I did the same on my 2002 kaw.mule,it held up great,no chips or flakes.I threw rocks,gravel,wood and dirt and never had a problem with it coming off.Takeyour time and prepare the surface correclty and it will last a long time.coobie[:)]

DigOrange

I just picked up my new RTV 900 last week. Can't seem to keep the family out of it so I can play. It has glass windshield, metal roof. Doors, heater, windshield wiper and snow blade are all on order. </P>

It was a little hard to get used to letting off the gas and the machine coming to a hault instead of coasting. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new toy, er... I mean tool!

How many people slammed into the windshield due to the abrupt stop? You'll quickly get used to how to let off the pedal to make it smoother.

DigOrange

I think everyone visited the windshield a few times before they figured it out. It has 10 hours on it now and I think I put 2 of the the 10 hours on it. At least now it is isn't difficult to convince my son to take the trash to the dumpster. </P>

I would assume the brakes would last forever on these!</P>

My shed is now complete - Kubota tractor, Kubota zero turn mower, and now Kubota RTV. That 100 gallon tank of red fuel may not last long [:)]</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Brakes? What brakes? Oh, I remember now. That's the other pedal that never gets touched

The way the RTV sips fuel, you probably won't even notice any change in your fuel tank level. I'm thinking I get between 2.2 - 2.4 hours/gallon.