Front Differential on the RTV.

Topcat

I'm still kickin' the tires on the RTV 900 and lately have been comparing it to the Polaris Ranger. The Polaris claims to be full 4WD when you flip the switch. The RTV 900 doesn't have a front differential lock. Does anybody know if the front drive comes with limited slip or is it just the old time live axel? I think the limited slip would be the answer in a front end as it would apply power to the wheel with the most resistance. Thanks

P.S. Has anybody else looked at the Ranger and compared it to the RTV 900?

Chandler

Yes, I looked at the Ranger and its a nice vehicle, but all the way around the Kubota impressed me the most with its quality of workmanship. It is built more like a tractor, for heavier duty work. I think that down the road, years from now that you will see Kubotas still in service with a lot of hours on them. Also, I think I will like getting the parts, and repairs better at the kubota dealer than at the Polaris dealer. I have a Polaris 500 atv.

G

What you are pointing out is correct, the RTV does not have a locking from diff - nor doKubota's tractors, they probably did not see the need for it. That issue has probably become the most popular thing for competing brands to point out. I'd think that given a substantial weight advantage, and a hydrostatic tranny, that the RTV can pull more using 3 wheels than other machines could with all 4... but hey, there's nothing to back that up. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>