Smoking RTV?

Hawk

I was reading a review on the RTV and a mechanic was talking about increasing power. He said that adjusting the throttle cables would give more response and also he said, "<font color="Black" face="Arial" size="2">And if all else fails,just turn the screw a little bit and make it smoke." Does anyone know what screw hes talking about? Here is the link, just scroll down for the reviews, his name is Jeb.

Hawk
</font>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm a bit surprised by Jeb's comments.

Everything I've heard contradicts what he's saying/proposing.
The turbo doesn't help much unless you're at a high elevation.
When he's saying "just turn the screw a little bit and make it smoke", I'm assuming he's suggesting that you adjust the injector pump. Considering there's tamper-proof caps to get to that adjustment and if removed it voids warrantee claims on engine/tranny, I can't believe a dealership mechanic is proposing it.

It'll take a bit of digging to find it but I know how/where to adjust if you want.

Hawk

That would be great, when does the warranty expire usually? Im going to start working on it when it does.

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hawk

I sent you a PM (Private Message) with instructions.

Since I don't know if I condone adjusting the injector pump, I didn't want to post the directions in the public forum. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Brian

G

Well i'm glad to see somebody figurede it out. you should not turn that screw anymore than 1/2 turn. all you are really doing is letting the rack move farther and that means more fuel. but be careful, brian is right it will void warranty and if you do to much you can do damage. god luck with that project. and thanks for doing it under the radar. Jeb 77

Knoxville

Brian,</P>

My RTV has been out of warranty for a while now.... I have often wanted to make a minor pump adjustment as well, but did not know which screw? Your asistance would be greatly appreciated. Please also send me a copy of the above mentioned private message. </P>

I understand the limitations of the machine. I have adjusted all of the linkage and kept my hydro fluid changed. I have always felt the machine was under powered. I know this screw may only help a little, but every little bit helps. Thank you in advance for your time and help.</P>

</P>

Ryan</P>

G

How are you bczoom? this is jeb77, are you also a dealership tech, or are you just an rtv know it all?by the way thanks for not posting injection pump adj. on the net. I don,t need kubota reps on my ass. but it is a very easy adj. isn,t it. keep up the site watch dogging mr. know it all.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Anonymous"]are you also a dealership tech, or are you just an rtv know it all?[/quote]
Ahhhh, neither.