Wobble pump

Bindian

I changed fuel filters on my Mahindra 6520 today. On the forward filter assy., there is a primer to pump while cracking open the banjo fitting to bleed the air out. On pre WWII aircraft, this was called a wobble pump, but was used to prime the engine to start. It was sweet just kneeling there and pumping the primer while cracking the banjo open and closed. On my old Ford 3055, you had to crack the filter bowl loose and then key the engine over. Do other brands use a primer on the fuel filter, or is this a Indian thing? I don't think the 10 series Mahindra's have a primer.
hugs, Brandi

Getting air out of fuel system on Yanmar powered JDs

1.Loosen Bleed screws on filter
2.Turn key to first position
3.Tighten screws when fuel flows free of bubbles
4.Loosen Bleed screw on injection pump
5.Tighten screw when fuel flows free of bubbles
Start Engine...:)
If no start...:mad: , then repeat Steps 1-5 and then
6.Loosen all injector nuts...(drop 17mm wrench in dirt...:rolleyes: )
7.Use starter to turn engine over
8.When fuel appears at injectors, tighten injector nuts (using 17mm wrench which must be retrieved from ground...:D)
9.Start Engine...:)
If no start...:wtf: , then repeat Steps 1-9 and practice special language skills...:soapbox:

If you repeat steps 1-9 enough...get out battery charger and watch rest of NASCAR Race...:D

Bindian

Paul said:
If you repeat steps 1-9 enough...get out battery charger and watch rest of NASCAR Race...:D
Paul,:wave:
Or have your diesel pickup standing by with jumper wires:rolleyes:. I did once on my Ford 3055 when I ran out of fuel.:eek: You only do that mistake once.:pat:
hugs, Brandi