rear tire pressures?

S

spiffywebcreations

well, this past weekend I had a pair of loppers behind my seat, which slid over and knocked the valve stem off one of my rear wheels :pat: ...so the Southern States guy comes and fixes it...$180 later :eek: - new valve stem, new fluid etc...(actually this was kinda a good thing since I found out that my tires were fluid filled - which I didn't know since I bought this used - just an expensive way to find this out :cool: )

I've noticed they filled the tire up (probably to the "recommended" pressure) but its way more inflated than the other one (I guess they didn't think to check that one too) the newly repaired one has the outer portion of the tread off the ground, whereas the old one has the tread more flat to the ground

so my questions are:

which is more correct? inflated to recommended or slightly below pressures?

are fluid filled tires inflated the same way non fliuid ones are? (i've never had fluid filled tires before)

this is a NH TC33D with the Titan Industrial tires...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Spiffy. welcome to NTT.
I have a 30hp Kubota with R4's. If memory serves me right I'm running 18 to 20 pounds, and they are also fluid filled.
Sounds like they put to much air in the repaired tire. You want your tread on the ground where it will do ya some good.

Archdean

"I've noticed they filled the tire up (probably to the "recommended" pressure) but its way more inflated than the other one (I guess they didn't think to check that one too) the newly repaired one has the outer portion of the tread off the ground, whereas the old one has the tread more flat to the ground"

Normally they are over pressurized to seat the beads to the rim! Doesn't sound as though the repair nerd did any more than he could get away with,,,once seated he should of reduced it to normal! I agree with Doc, get a tire gage and check with the stem at the uppermost top position and bring the pressure down to the sidewall recommendation!!

jbrumberg

spiffywebcreations:

Welcome to NTT :D! When you check your tire pressure make sure the valve is at 12 o'clock and blow some air pressure out to clear your valve of liquid before you check the pressure as CaCl will ruin your air pressure gauge (unless you have a "specialized" air pressure gauge). Jay

S

spiffywebcreations

well, even at 12 oclock, it just shoots out the fluid...

even when the valve stem broke off and it was at 12 oclock it shot out for a long time...

and I can't seem to figure out how to get the cap (its not just a regular valve stem cap like the new one has) off the old tire to add more air to it.

jeepers...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
With the valve stem at 12 o'clock no liquid should be coming out. sounds like they might have overfilled them.
I've never seen anything other than standard valve stems on all tractor tires ...you might call your dealer to ask about it.

S

spiffywebcreations

i'm inclined to just leave it alone -or- call the Southern States guy to come back out and make the adjustment...

I wasn't here when he came to fix it, the wife handled it (they came more than an hour earlier than they were supposed to, I hadn't even left work yet, so I just stayed, figuring by the time I drove the 45 mins, they'd be gone)

Archdean

I'd call him back and WATCH HIM from all that you have said so far !

Can you tell us what was on the receipt and did he fill it with CA/Rim Guard/or Glycol / or H2O ??

several pictures of what should and not should be on your tire, pick one and we can go from there one of us might be able to clear up the mystery and if it is a tubed tire the fluid is no doubt between the tire AND the tube is the reason it is squirting out at 12:O'clock

Attachments

• degree-bend-tubeless-G26148.jpg
    degree-bend-tubeless-G26148.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 235
  • new-style-tractor-7J.jpg
    new-style-tractor-7J.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 229
  • short-short-metal-6008XB.jpg
    short-short-metal-6008XB.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 236
  • tubeless-air-liquid-TV-618A.jpg
    tubeless-air-liquid-TV-618A.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 242
  • air-liquid-adapter-7K.jpg
    air-liquid-adapter-7K.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 235

howierd3866

Down here in fla we used just water H2O in ours if for weight and traction we will fill it all the way up to the 12:00 mark. Driving it down the road you can feel if its half full.But some of my other tractors we use for our city contracts we dont use any water too heavy and runt up the grounds but we do use green slim in it for flats.

howierd3866

attaches images in Archdean...1) should used in truck or bus mainly for inside tires (dual) tires only.2) this should be used in your farm or loader tube.3)this one should be used only for cars and light pickups.4)this is your tubless stem for the tractor.5) this is what we used to fill it up with water.Do you all use the same attachment for your filling of CaCl?

S

spiffywebcreations

heck, now looking at them they don't look so different...and over time they may settle out...BUT it would still be nice to know how to inflate/deflate one of these puppies...you probably can't even tell the difference in these two photos...

left tire.jpg

right tire.jpg

here is the old valve:

old valve stem.jpg

here is the new valve:

new valve stem.jpg

so they are the same stem...

this is a tubeless tire, filled with Mag Chloride

tiremmm.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Top tire looks a little more full than the 2nd one shown.
What pressure are they at now? Did you talk to your dealer about all this?

howierd3866

not being use to what you fill up the tire with. But down here it cost us about the same $150.00 to $200.00 for service call and tube and labor- fuel surcharge. And our tire is much much did I say much bigger than yours.