Fastest Boom Mower in the South

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kewl. I see some like that one the highways around here. Awesome machines.
Have you used one?

howierd3866

yes we are the only one around Fla to have one. Bought it from Nashviie Tenn. Its seem too costly to buy for the private group. By most government like up north where the county are wider they come in handly to go from point a to point b at 75mph. Tractor with the same spects about cost about $100k and this new cost about $150k

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
That's awesome. I need someone to come by my house every two weeks or so and do beside the road.

howierd3866

Have Truck will travel.lol Good thing about this no lowboy needed so small jobs are easier to do then having to wait and be transported.

howierd3866

In pic two you can the operator on the right side of the truck. Going down the road IF you want you can drive from the left side all normal truck controls (steering wheel-key-brakes-gas petal-etc)are there until you are ready to mow.But you can start from the beginning from the right side. It has another steering wheel- gas and brake petal- both sides work together on these as one.Make sure if you have a rider he don't grap the wheel or brakes lol.But the right side has the joy stick to control the mower. The mower has it own perkin motor thats the big box on back.It also help with the extra weight.I'd chance it a bit before both motors ran on the same tank. the extra tank on the corner of the bed is for the boom mower and it has off road fuel in it.The reason for the chance is the truck doesn't get real good fuel mileage going fast on I95. I need it to last all day long and be able to make it back to the shop 60 miles away. Thanks Howard

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good question Dean. Thanks for the detail Howard. Quite the invention overall. I said earlier that I do see some up here, but ours are on big tractors rather than trucks. No doubt they don't go as fast or as far. Their range is limited so that we see them sitting on the side of the road wherever they finished up for the day.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ut oh. Just got this via email today. Hopefully it's not your truck Howard. :eek:

I wonder if the pic was just for show. With that arm I would suspect they can right the truck anytime they choose.

Attachments

• TrimmingTruck_OnItsSide.jpg
    TrimmingTruck_OnItsSide.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 20

howierd3866

not with that truck.Its a bucket truck and you need something to push with -the bucket not too strong. Then if the operator has some balls you could have stay in it and boom back to the lesft side.On our you can save ourself "IF" there is ground under the boom to hold you up and boom out to push.But a deep dich or canal well you going to need some clean pants. no thats not for show somebody made the BOSS unhappy. Our boom can only stay on the right side but can go right behind the truck and push if you do get stuck(delay) Howard

workinallthetime

i saw some thing like that on tv, was a benz truck i think. you could mount all kinds of stuff to it. kind of like the leatherman of trucks. sweep, mow, crane, snow ect... but i cant remember what the thing was called. uggg i feel a whole lot of google in my future, thanks