PDA

View Full Version : Plywood Under the seat

D&D Farm
09-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Hey Guys.............noticed when I was washing out under the seat today that there was some delamination of the plywood happening. No I do not spay water directly on the plywood as it is raw wood; but when you close the seat it barely touches the wet portions of the storage and the flip up rubber piece that allows access to components. This is enough to cause the plywood to become wet.......</P>

Does one just find some exterior paint and paint or go to the trouble to get some exterior plywood, preferably marine, remove all of the staples, and then reattach to the new plywood? My thinking is just to paint it and watch it over time..............Yes, perhaps overpaint onto the vinyl upholstery and staples a bit to seal that area.............thanks.......Dennis</P>

bczoom
09-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Dennis,

I haven't noticed any delamination of my plywood.

I'd probably paint it and not remove the staples... If (when) my seat gets ripped up, then I'd replace the plywood at the same time as the seat material.

One of the very first things I did with my RTV was to drill drain holes in that compartment under the seat to keep water from accumulating.

Brian

D&D Farm
09-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Brian.............There are drain hoes already that I monitor as I am spraying out under the seat to make sure they arent plugged with stuff...............What is getting the underside of the actual seat, the plywood, wet is water drops/globs left on top of the matting and then being absorbed when I shut the seat down....................perhaps, after I paint it I will dry under there before I close the seat.....Dennis

bczoom
09-21-2007, 08:53 AM
perhaps, after I paint it I will dry under there before I close the seat.....Dennis
After I give mine a bath, I do leave the seat up long enough for that area to dry. Since it's bath normally happens as its last things for the day, when I put it away for the night, I normally leave the seat up overnight.

TWO GUNS
09-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I been planning on painting mine before winter comes in. For that's when all the baths are going to show up on this unit. Going to cover it up with a sealer, then paint two or three coats of oil base enamel &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

D&D Farm
09-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Got it guys and thanks...........I do like the thought of tuckin the baby in.........which lullaby do you hmmmmmm as you turn off the light, close the door, and tip toe towards the house...........God Bless

ajdillon
09-22-2007, 03:20 PM
...when I put it away for the night, I normally leave the seat up overnight....</P>

Brian, don't you get grief from Mrs. Brian about leaving the seat up? ;-)</P>

Andrew</P>

bczoom
09-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Brian, don't you get grief from Mrs. Brian about leaving the seat up?
She has no qualms about that one.

On a related note, I did make a strap to limit the amount of travel for the seat so it doesn't hit the key hard when you flip it up.

DigOrange
09-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Mine has a small steel cable that keeps the seat from going past about 90 degrees. It is a 2006... not sure when they added it. I have the Orange worksite model. Does anyone have suggestions on seat covers that are not camo? I saw some threads on Camo but nothing on non-camo. Camo and Orange just look funny together.

bczoom
09-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Does anyone have suggestions on seat covers that are not camo? I saw some threads on Camo but nothing on non-camo. Camo and Orange just look funny together.
I've been considering the same. I "thought" I saw/heard that same place has them in grey. Can anyone confirm?

TWO GUNS
09-25-2007, 05:38 AM
DigOrange ,</P>

Yes, I have Camo on the seats, &amp; a camo steering wheel cover, it does look funny &gt;&gt;&gt;</P>

But, you gotta say, it makes your smile bigger &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</P>

Hunting regulations in most states says that a person hunting during gun season are required to wear a orange during the hunt. That is to keep 'em boys alive longer &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Makes them smile also !!!!!!</P>

So, I figured I just also ride around in orange, to keep friendly fire going the other way when I'm helping other folks onfarm land do their hunting needs !!!! &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Deer are color blind ,Most people are Not !!!!!</P>

</P>