Monroe Tufline Land Rake

JimR

Does anyone have any experience with this brand of land rake? I may have the opportunity to snatch up a 7 footer in a trade deal for my old Harley Rake that I have no use for. The unit swings left and right also. They appear to be made quite well from what I can see and it is a heavy duty unit that weights around 400 pounds. Their website is www.monroetufline.com

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My rake is a Leinbach but I have a Monroe back blade. It does the job fine but the 3 pt hitch pin spacing is way off from the standard. I had to readjust the lower arms every time I put it on. When I got the quick attach we welded new tabs on it to get the pins in the right place.

I'll try to remember to take my camera with me next trip to the barn.

Jim

JimR

My rake is a Leinbach but I have a Monroe back blade. It does the job fine but the 3 pt hitch pin spacing is way off from the standard. I had to readjust the lower arms every time I put it on. When I got the quick attach we welded new tabs on it to get the pins in the right place.

I'll try to remember to take my camera with me next trip to the barn.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Can you measure the width of your pins on the grader blade for me?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Jim,

Can you measure the width of your pins on the grader blade for me?

They are at the category 1 standard now. I'll see if I can tell where they were originally and measure that for you. Its been a couple of years and I don't remember which way they were off but it was 4 inches or better, either too narrow or too wide.

Jim

JimR

They are at the category 1 standard now. I'll see if I can tell where they were originally and measure that for you. Its been a couple of years and I don't remember which way they were off but it was 4 inches or better, either too narrow or too wide.

Jim

Thanks, I think 4" wider is a Cat 2 and 4" narrower would be a Cat 0. I have a Cat 0 post hole digger and that was 4" narrower than my Cat 1 setup that I modified to fit my machine.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, I think 4" wider is a Cat 2 and 4" narrower would be a Cat 0. I have a Cat 0 post hole digger and that was 4" narrower than my Cat 1 setup that I modified to fit my machine.

That could explain things. It was purchased as a category 1 but they could have shipped either the wrong model or used the wrong jig when they built it.

Jim

JimR

That could explain things. It was purchased as a category 1 but they could have shipped either the wrong model or used the wrong jig when they built it.

Jim

I would be willing to bet that is what happened. I looked at a land rake recently for my tractor that was off a bigger machine. The spread was 4" bigger than mine. I just assumed it was Cat 2. I know my post hole digger is Cat 0 and it is 4" smaller than what I have for my other attachments. I fixed the post hole digger by just welding the lower frame right onto a standard Cat 1 drawbar.

JimR

I did end up getting the Tufline Land Rake. It is a very well built piece of equipment. The angle is adjusted by a threaded ratchet bar that can be moved to either side. This rig works so much better than my grader blade at levelling my stone/dirt driveway at the old farm. I made two passes over it the other day. That filled in all the ruts from the winter. You might have thought someone did the work with a hand rake. I also took it up in the woods to do over my access road on our 36 acre woodlot. Recently my wonderful neighbors were burning brush. They managed to light the woods on fire, including our land. The fire department used my road for access and rutted up my road a bit. This land rake smoothed it right out in two passes.