What Have You Done That Came Out OK?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is a counter to Mith's What Have You Broken thread.

Has anyone done anything significant that worked out great the FIRST time you tried?

Built something, modified an implement, big project, ??

Jim

(being able to remember which one takes diesel and which one takes gasoline doesn't count)

Last edited:

Mith

Does rebuilding an engine count. Pressing the start button is the most nerve wracking thing ever. Did I do that right, did I mesh that properly?
And when it starts, phew! Still get worried a bit about whether its going to blow up or whatever......

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Does rebuilding an engine count. Pressing the start button is the most nerve wracking thing ever. Did I do that right, did I mesh that properly?
And when it starts, phew! Still get worried a bit about whether its going to blow up or whatever......

When I was in high school I had a 1952 Oldsmobile with a 303 v8.. It had solid lifters that really rattled and clattered. I saw a 1954 Olds with a 324 in a wrecking yard. The same engine but a larger bore and pistons and hydraulic lifters. I pulled the heads, lifters, and pushrods. Had the valves ground and Friday afternoon after school I started stripping the old engine. Got it put back together late Sunday night. I was really surprised when it started first time. No parts left over and no missing tools that might be somewhere inside. :hide: