'Budget' implements

Mith

So what are your opinions on the 'budget' implements from places like Northern Tool?
How good can a 5' rotary cutter for $699 really be?

BTW, you guys dont know how lucky you are. A 5' rotary cutter from Northern is £939 ($1850) here, I really love to see how they justify selling it for so much more here.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Even with a good price on at Northern shipping on a roatry cutter could nix the deal.
I found one at my local MF dealer. He's been around forever and knows what to buy, and where to get it. He had an international 5' rotary cutter for 689. It has done an outstanding job for me. In weight it's comparable to a medium duty woods.
I also have a KK 6' blade, that does just fine, primarily used turned backwards for snow removal. Lately i've been putting my 20' big ole chain on the blade to add weight. It works great.
So, to answer you Mith. I like cheap implements. I do believe you can get good equipment for a reasonable price.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I like cheap implements. I do believe you can get good equipment for a reasonable price.

Doc, the word is "inexpensive" cheap is cheap. :poke:

I have some Woods stuff. I have some inexpensive Tractor Supply and KK implements. I have had a couple of cheap implements.

The KK stuff is fine for the use we put our equipment to.

Jim

The real downside of inexpensive implements is that they are less forgiving of operator error...

Attachments

• my2cents.gif
    my2cents.gif
    551 bytes · Views: 179