Kubota L3240

Nick

Still looking at various tractor brands. Went to a Kubota dealer today. I like several of the the Kubota features.

Dealer had a L3240 HST, equipped with a LA514 Loader. He quoted a price of $19.5K which sounds a little high to me. When I got home I went to the Kubota web site, but could not find this particular model. Is this a prior year model that's no longer made? Any opinions on quoted price?

I did a Google search, and saw many rave user reviews for this particular model. Still want to look at the Kiotis and Mahindras though. :wink:

Thanks for your help!

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Still looking at various tractor brands. Went to a Kubota dealer today. I like several of the the Kubota features.

Dealer had a L3240 HST, equipped with a LA514 Loader. He quoted a price of $19.5K which sounds a little high to me. When I got home I went to the Kubota web site, but could not find this particular model. Is this a prior year model that's no longer made? Any opinions on quoted price?

I did a Google search, and saw many rave user reviews for this particular model. Still want to look at the Kiotis and Mahindras though. :wink:

Thanks for your help!

Nick it's in the Grand L40 area here.

Nick

OK

Thanks, I see it now. Yes, the sales fellow did say the second two digits designate the series, while the first two digits are approx gross horsepower.

OK

Thanks, I see it now. Yes, the sales fellow did say the second two digits designate the series, while the first two digits are approx gross horsepower.

Well, Kubota...has been dropping the HP ratings of some of the tractors due to Tier Level of the engine...:rolleyes:

nybirdman

I traded a L3130 HST last year for a L4240 Cab,the 3130's replacement is the 3240,great tractors,I moved up mostly for the cab.I pulled a two bottom plow and pushed a six foot snow plow with no problems.If your are new to tractors definately go with the HST

Erik

Nick, that's about $2k less than I was quoted for a gear model 3240 w/loader about 4 months back.
I also test drove a Kioti DK40SE - and ended up taking home a Mahindra 3510.

This was as a replacement for my Century 2535, which was sister to the Branson 3510.
The Bobcat tractors are white painted Kiotis in case you don't have an orange dealer very close.

amigauser

Thanks for your help!

I purchased a GL3240HST around November of 2008. I prevously had a Kubota B3030. I have been very happy with it so far although the use has been limited to mostly snow removal over the winter months.

The price sounds good depending on the installed options. I would spend a little more and get the 724 loader instead of the 514. It is a much stronger loader and you can get a factory skid steer type quick attach on it. Makes for nice quick swaps between a bucket, pallet forks, grapple, etc. You can also use a wider bucket 72" vs 66" with the better loader.

Good luck.