my shed

billbill1

DSCN0224.jpg
DSCN0256.jpg

I built this shed with help from friends back in 2000, lots of work, 8000 bolts that you touch 3 times. It's on 4" of concrete so I have a nice work area. Wired with 100 amp service. I do wish that I would have installed overhead doors and plan to in the future (I work for a garage door manufacturer) I have about $24,000 total in the building, it is an impressive structure. I have a concrete pad in front that's probably 30' X 60'.

Attachments

• DSCN0256.jpg
    DSCN0256.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice Bill. That concrete pad out front is impressive also. :thumb:
I would be interested in seeing the inside of your shed, to see how it's set up. It looks huge but I know how we grow to fill any space no matter the size.
I have a 30 x 70 pole building and thought I'd have all the space I could possibly need. WRONG!!!! I had to leave two trailers out in the weather last year cause the pole barn was full of boats (our boat, son's boat, SIL's boat etc ...).

billbill1

Doc, I will try and get some pictures taken of the inside of the shed, same type of thing, a 19' pontoon boat (that never gets used), the 16' Lowe deep V that we use for fishing, my son's 34 Ford (was my Dad's, he bought it from my Mother), the convertible, the tractor and 6' finish mower, 2 lawn tractors, Toyota pickup, 2 tillers, wood splitter, just full of stuff that I won't part with. Never enough room. The house has a 30' X 30' garage as well that we park the daily drivers in. Plus tools out the ying yang, can't ever have too many tools.

Mith

I dont think you are doing it justice calling it a shed Bill. Thats a full on BARN! :D
Nice place anyway. Are the bits sticking up on the top the vents that spin in the wind and suck air out?
I attached one of your pictures, hope you dont mind, it should mean that those people who cant view photobucket pictures can see your photos.

Quincy, can you see the attached one?

quincy

Yup, I see it now, wow, really nice. More like a mini blimp hangar than a shed....!! you yanks.... sooooo modest!!! lol

I'm feeling shed envy now....

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
WOW nice shed Paul. Or do you call it an out house. :yum: :yum:

WOW nice shed Paul. Or do you call it an out house. :yum: :yum:

Compared to my cousin's equipment shed in North Dakota...he'd call it a small outbuilding...:rolleyes:

According to all of the other farmers around him...his equipment shed is BETTER than the LOCAL John Deere Ag Service Center!!!:eek:

As for size...He can put his 48' grain trailers attached to the over-the-road tractors and park them facing the sides of the building and still get around them with equipment!!!

And his doors are wide enough to allow him to drive his 36' swath combines straight in...:)

billbill1

No problem Mith, thanks for the help. Yes, it could be called a barn, I have always called it my shed. Some think it's ugly, kind of matches me!! Yes those are turbines to let the heat out the top. I have drive doors on both ends, so I can pull the boats straight through and can stay hooked to the pickup if I want.