Spam PM

J

JayC

Hi. I don't know if anyone else got this, but I just received a spam message in my PM inbox. The user goes by the name Stephanie. I think it may be a spambot. The message has to do with Buddhism. Here is the message:

Stephanie said:
Hi,I'm new here, how's it going?"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things as a meaningful unity" - Albert Einstein---Stephaniehttp://www.psend.com/users/Stephanie

This is the first time I have got a spam message in a PM inbox on any of the forums I frequent. The spambots must be getting better... :mad::bash:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
As far as I can tell, there is no member by that name, unless "she" got deleted already.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Strange.

I put 'psend.com spam' in Google and found other forums got hit too.

One of the Google hits had psend in their list of '25 most notorious spam hosts'.

'psend.com stephanie spam' found 65 hits.

Best comment I've seen so far, on a programmer's forum:
Buddhist spam? BUDDHIST spam??! What is the world coming to?
no.gif
Actually I learned something from the Einstein quote, it improves my understanding about why people like Buddhism.

But Buddhist evangelism via spam???? I think Stephanie kinda missed the whole point.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
There may be a few more pm's out there folks will find when they visit. When I went to the control panel she was logged on and she was sending a pm.

Jim

ghautz

I got one sent about 5 hours ago.

I would expect people should have better things to do with their time.

vansimplement

Yup, I got one at some point during the weekend. She's hitting up the wrong person though. I happen to like a little dogmatic theology every now and again!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Jim Slagle was on the ball and did the honor of banning her for good. (Thanks Jim!)

Anytime you get an unsolicited PM about stuff like that let myself or the mods know and who ever is around will take the appropriate action.

Like Paul said, guess we hit the big times! :D