John Deere Parts - Aftermarket or Original?

n1fhpa

Hi All,

I'm seeking recommendations as to whether or not the majority prefers original manufacturers replacement parts, or does anyone use a good aftermarket supplier that they would share?

I am replacing the clutch on my 950 and I have seen the parts I need for much less than what JD charges on thier parts site. However, I don't know who to trust, nor do I want to put in something that won't last. Also, are there any heavy duty aftermarket parts sites you have used? Thanks!

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can't give you any links or anything but my opinion on aftermarket parts is, small items such as relays, filters, starters I am ok with the aftermarket. Clutch probably would be ok also but the major stuff I like to stay with the original.

marcintosh

I'm new here but I have an opinion on everything 8-D -
I'm strictly an OEM guy. I don't have the time or the money to do things twice. I only buy from the dealership in autos, tractors and tools too. They fit better and seem to be closer to spec. and I don't have to replace it (usually) ever again. It was pointed out to me- If your exhaust lasted you 175k, then why would you (if you aren't going to sell the car) put and exhaust on it thats only going to last another 25k at best? so do it once and be done with it. I've also found that if the part fails often the dealer will do the work for $0. At least my local Dodge dealer did. Auto's are awful for this. Tractors? I stick with the JD Dealer too. Just My 2¢
M.

n1fhpa

Thanks, guys. That was my gut feeling as well. I'll use the JD OEM replcement parts especially when it requires splitting the tractor to repair it.