2007 3010 Trans Mule 4x4

buckle97

I'm looking for opinions on this Mule I found for sale at a local tractor dealership. Hour meter reads 193, but I'm not positive that is accurate. Asking price is $7,500. Is there anything specific I should be looking for when examining it? Thanks for any tips.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 49
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 49

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I find it hard to believe that those few hrs would show that much wear on the front tires. Look at the air cleaner and box to see if you can spot any oil on the element. If it is new, see if the area it goes feels oilly Look at the brake pedal and see if it has a lot of wear.My Mule had blowby at just over 1000 hrs before I sold it. My RTV on the other hand , has 3200 hrs and the engine is perfect so far. Check the oil cap for carbon build up in the top cavity of it.I do this when searching for used vehicles. Those that have the oil changed regularly usually shows up clean here if a quality oil is used. I have also cranked them with the oil stick 1/2 way out to see if oil comes out thru the stick hole. Then I of coarse put it back before test driving. If oil does come out , then it probably has some wear in the engine. That is what I would do.... Bordercollie

Klumpe

I'd have to agree that those front tires look so worn down for only 193 hours. I can only guess that the rear tires are brand new. I wonder if the dealership got it in on a trade or was for personal use. Either way I wonder what it was used for day in, day out...especially for it to have that kind of wear. Just do like bordercollie suggested and check the fluids, see if they are at the correct levels, smell normal or burnt. Checking the blowby is a great place to start. Sometimes if the deal seems too good to be true, it usually isn't.