what pressure do you run in your loaded tires?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I forget if they are run the same as if they were not loaded or a bit lower. :confused:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I run lower, 7 to 9 psi. Aired down until they show the slight beginning of a bulge at the bottom.

This is at the advice of my neighbor, a third generation orchardist around here, who saw my tires at the recommended minimum (14?) and commented that running them rigid hard gives up all the traction that an R1 is intended to provide. You want all contact area possible without ruining the sidewall. It seems to me also that with minimal air volume, allowing some flex helps prevent casing damage.

That is for the rears - the fronts need maximum specified pressure to stand up to loader use.

If you are running R4's, their sidewall may be to stiff to show a bulge at any pressure so I don't know if it makes a difference.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Mine aren't loaded because of the extra weight. I have enough trouble with ruts on my wet yard.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
good point about fronts vs rears. And R1 vs R4's. I'm running R4's and can't see a bulge because of the stiff sidewalls. Max psi for front is 45. I'm at 40 now. Last weekend I got stuck because I blew the seal on the left front tire when I had a bucketful in the loader.

While airing up today i put 25 in my rears. I can't find the max psi anywhere but think 25 is rather high. I'll back that down to 20 when I go back outside. Changing oil in it today and doing general maintenance. Beautiful day outside for it. :D

I usually run max air in the tires and all of my tires are filled. My Mahindra owners manual says to run 2psi higher when tires are filled than you would normally with air only. I would think that your owners manual would have all of the inflation specs for the R1 & R4 tires for your tractor, mine do.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I usually run max air in the tires and all of my tires are filled. My Mahindra owners manual says to run 2psi higher when tires are filled than you would normally with air only. I would think that your owners manual would have all of the inflation specs for the R1 & R4 tires for your tractor, mine do.
I have no idea where my owners manual is at the moment. :hide:

Good info. Thanks for sharing.

What is the max pressure in your rear tires? Are they R1's or R4's?

I have no idea where my owners manual is at the moment. :hide:

Good info. Thanks for sharing.

What is the max pressure in your rear tires? Are they R1's or R4's?

Does this give us an indication that you are not organized? :poke::D

I have R4s. Tire sizes are:

fronts: 27x8.5-15 - 4 ply rated max load of 1570lbs at 40psi

rears: 15x19.5 - 6 ply rated max load of 4170lbs at 30psi

Maximum combined tractor weight with any and all implements not to exceed 5070lbs, not bad for a little tractor. :cool:

DK35vince

I run 45 PSI in my front tires (R-4's unloaded) so I don't peal a tire off during loader work.
My loaded rear R-4's I'm running around 12-14 PSI.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I'm sure it does give that impression. :hide:

If it had been a .pdf file I could store on my computer I would know right where it is and be able to search it etc. guess it's the geek in me. You will never see me start a thread saying show us a picture of your desk. I am a busy person and do not keep a 'neat' desk, but I know right where to find most papers that I need.
I even have a place I file my manuals at home. Unless I kept it out for reading and didn't return it to it's spot (which is what I presume happened to my Kubota manual). I'll run into it one of these days when i least expect it.

thanks for the info. That helps. :thumb: :tiphat: