bobcat side x side

JVT

did a search and found little. anyone have any experience or knowlege on them?
I been hauling up to 800lb firewood loads in my rhino for 6 yrs and am looking at replacement. I climb a steep narrow trail when loaded. rhino has been good but something heaver wood be nice.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I haven't seen a lot of information anywhere but at Bobcat's website on their utility vehicles, but a bit more on their Toolcats at other sites. My understanding is that the utility vehicles (2x00 series) are built for them by ClubCar, owned by Ingersoll Rand. Since IR sold Bobcat to Doosan a couple of years ago, I don't know if that relationship will continue in the longer term. Bobcat announced an alliance with Polaris about a year ago that is supposed to result in new utility work machines sometime in the secod half of this year, according to their press release.

Fred

JVT

thanks,fred
I'll check out the press releases
The aluminum frame in the 4x4 caught my eye. Much lighter and will haul up to 800lbs.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
your welcome. i owned a 04 hpx for about 5 years and never had a bit of trouble with it.i'll try to dig up some pictures of my old beast.

JVT

I have seen the Jd one. Really didn't care much for it. This is the type of work it would get and some nasty mud holes with a 200ft climb while loaded.
I still have lots of JD equiptment from the dairy I sold never had the gator.
DSC02390.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never seen the Bobcat side by side so I did a little searching.

A 2004 article says:

The Bobcat 2200 Utility Vehicle is ideal for contractors, hobby farmers, ranchers, landowners and outdoorsmen. Features include:

* IntelliTrak drive system has automatic 4x4 and locking differentials

* 20-hp. Kubota diesel or Honda gas engine

* Travels up to 25 mph

* Double A-arm front suspension and a swing-arm rear suspension

* Lightweight, non-corrosive, all-aluminum tubular frame

* 800-pound cargo box capacity with 33-inch bed height

* 1,200-pound vehicle load capacity

* 4-point roll-over protection structure (POPS) and retractable seat belts

* 23-foot, 6-inch turning diameter

Bobcat Co./(8661 823-7888

---------------
I also found their web site. They've added a model 2300 to the line up with a unique rapid link hook up for implements. I'm surprised more folks don't have experience with these. They do sound good. No idea how they are priced compared to other offerings in the field.
Here is a link to their web site:
http://www.bobcat.com/utility_machines/utility_vehicles

Attachments

• bobcat2300.jpeg
    bobcat2300.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
my old hpx used to hang with my rhino in going through the thick stuff. as for as hauling capability i could put my rhino in the bed of the hpx and take off like it's not even loaded. i put my hpx through mud and water up to the seats and it never bogged down. it wasn't the fastest but it sure did pull or haul anything i put into it or hooked to it.here are some pictures of my 04 hpx. i even got one or two pics of me yankin my buddy out a hole with his rhino. if i had the two to choose from i would go with the xuv/hpx before i would mess with that bobcat they have a few cats down here and they just don't hold up .

themudhole2cp4.jpg

1002503cg7.jpg

1002500pa7.jpg

1002472mt8.jpg

1002697nb5.jpg

1003751lf4.jpg

1003745yg1.jpg

themudhole2hx1rb9.jpg

cap0023hd1.png

cap0016qj3.png