Glow plug light stays on

doggman

Has anybody else had a glow plug light that stays on a long time - like over 10 minutes. Our 4310 started doing this recently. I don't think the plugs are on, just the light. Any fixes or ideas?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Doggman, Did you check to see if the key is "releasing"? If ya'll remember back when my RTV was "self starting" and I had to replace the key switch to get it to stop, I felt the key sort of sticking I had noticed my glow plug light was sometimes stay on until I wiggled the key. No more problems since the new switch or else bordercollie Belle has given up on trying to start the RTV. Bordercollie

doggman

I'll check out the key switch when I get back this weekend. The key has a good size fob so it wiggles a bit when I'm moving the tractor around.

I have a "new" rescue sheltie, 9 years old, who is just now beginning to get into riding the RTV. His three predecessors knew the sound of the RTV keys whenever I touched them and they'd have the seats and engine warmed up before even got to the shed. You gotta love dogs like that...

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yea, Pups are great. Bordercollie Belle will babysit the RTV while I do my work. Today she rode with me for hrs while I sprayed and repaired electric fence. Then I parked it in the shade, shared a bottle of water with her and used the skid steer to spread gravel in and around the new catch pen. There she stayed -napping on the floor board -and occasionally watching me until it was time to crank up and go do something else. I always keep an eye on her too just in case. No matter how bad the day is , she is always there with a smile . Nice avatar Doggman. Good job. Bordercollie