top links

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
I seem to remember reading some where that a hydrolic top link was not a good idea, But I cant seem to find anything on the subject. and I dont remember why it wasnt a good idea.any one have any thoughts on the matter or maby any bad experances to share?? thanks much Jerry:tiphat:

DK35vince

I have a hydraulic top link and a hydraulic tilt cylinder.
They are great and I will never be without them on my tractor

If you could remember where you read that, I would like to read it also. I have top and tilt sets on both my 32hp tractor and my 75hp tractor. I can't think of a good reason not to have them. In fact, I can not imagine not having them. What I do know is that all the grading that I do, would not come out anywhere as good if I had to stop and hand adjust those adjustments, because it sure would not get done anywhere near as often.

I've been giving thought to putting one on my tractor for a while, every time I use the box blade I ask myself what I'm waiting for.

candyman

top link

hey guys,

i have a massey gc 2610 with slider back blade that i would like to install { i`m real new to tractors, first one } a top link for down pressure some have said on other forums , why you don`t need it, to dangerous. well i want one.

so how do i go about installing one. ??

what size, kind do i get. ??

where to get it. ??

acc`s that i also need. ??

can you guys post some detailed pix.

i would like to post some pix of my tractor, but sure don`t know how to do it.

thanks, candyman

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Top link

Candy man,
I have yet to rember where I read than they wernt a good Idea. Have seen sone threads where people advise against them but few. I have installed a top link on my little massey and realy find it to verry useful. I find it great when backblading. I ordered mine from C.C.M. I liked the way they installed the popet valve on theyers. The price was 185.00 but when you price the popet valve and a top link from the other places they come to a lot more. The only BAD report that I have chased down on the use of toplinks was here locally the fellow had put one on and useing a box blade. I understand that he had been using it with the ripper shanks and as he lifted the boxblade up and went to turn around one of the hoses came loose and let the boxblade pivot down on the lift arms resulting in the rippers going into the rear tires..... That to me would be a very good reason to have a popet valve installed on the top link. to prevent having to buy new tires...... Later Jerry.:tiphat:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
a top link for down pressure some have said on other forums , why you don`t need it, to dangerous. well i want one.

If you're talking about a hydraulic top link, I don't think they really give you "down pressure". They just change the angle at which your attachment is relative to the ground. The factory top link does the same thing, just not hydraulically. I do have a hydraulic one and have never taken it off I like it so much.

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
toplink down force.

as to a down force no it wont. at least mine wont. If you were to install the cylenders on the draglinks or lift arms, then you could raise the lift all the way up and then use the cylenders toapply a down force, but In my opinion that would be asking for trouble as the system isent designed for that type of service.:tiphat: Later Jerry