grumble - KK 6' brush hog

Erik

<rant on>
I've only had this thing a year & change, it's been used less than 25 hours.
The nut holding one of the blades on loosens 1 1/2-2 turns after 2-3 hours of running, then it starts banging against the stump jumper. (and the hole cut in the top of the deck to get to this nut with a socket was cut off center, so getting the socket in there is not much fun, either.
The lock on the yoke is stuck open, so I have to stop every hour to slide the yoke all the way back onto the PTO spindle. (I know, not entirely safe operating, but can't afford to replace the yoke - or even better, the whole shaft at the moment)
The tail wheel fell off yesterday and got run over - so I need to replace that, as well.
And several of the butt welds for the deck-top bracing are cracked.

I REALLY miss the old Servus brush hog that was stolen with my first tractor...

</rant off>

urednecku

Sounds like you got one made on a Monday.........after a LONG weekend of heavy partying by the crew that put it together!
I know it's probably way outta 'warranty', but I think I'd still give 'em a call, sounds like a workmanship and/or materials defect. Maybe they would at least help ya get some of it corrected.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Bummer Erik , I had a 5 foot KK before I upgraded to a 6 foot landpride finish mower . i,m the worlds worst at servicing things when I shoul & abused the heck out of it & not one problem . Problly had 300 hours on it at least . I,m curious as to what PTO speed you run yours at & if that might be part of the problem , I ran mine at the lowest speed ( 540 ) I guess . I,m with urednecku & think you might have just got a lemon . Best of luck getting it sorted out . :wink:

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
I have called KK several times and they have been really nice to work with. A couple of times they sent me stuff at no charge for the part or shipping.

For the cost of a phone call, you don't have a lot to loose.

Bob

Erik

thanks guys.
Cowboy - I run it at 540, just like it says to.
I've only had it a little over a year, so hopefully calling will do me some good.

Klumpe

I wish I knew why the nut is loosening like it is. I tightened it down as far as it would go and the lock washer was pushed down like it should be. With the welds already cracking, that is just a shame and with everything else that is going wrong is a pain. Sounds like you got a lemon Erik, I'll see if my Dad can bring that socket set up when he visits again.