South Louisiana

Don in LA

Hi everyone. Don here. It looks like you guys have a pretty good forum going. A little bit about myself: I'm a retired firefighter and for the past 12 years I've been doing consulting and teaching services in counter-terrorism and HAZMAT. I live in a kinda small rural subdivision along a river outside of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. When I get a chance I enjoy woodworking and fresh and saltwater fishing. I also piddle around with my 1967 Ford 3000, 42 HP tractor when I get a chance. I bought the tractor 10 years ago when I lived on 4.5 acres and I had to maintain 600' of gravel driveway and several walking trails. About 5 years ago when we moved to our current homestead, I used the Ford to maintain the one mile gravel road, running through a swamp, leading to our subdivision. The road is now a parish maintained asphalt road but I'm hanging on to the tractor. It's not a must-have but I like having it around.

Right now I'm working on installing an automatic sprinkler system for my yard. And, as posted on the repair part of the forum, I'm doing a little work on my Ford tractor.

Later,

Don