trailer to haul hoe

candyman

anyone in ohio know where to get one. ?/

i have been looking & can`t find what i want{ seems like i want something that doesn`t xist }

to me seems common..

6 1/2 i.d. x 18 ft. 2 axle landscape type trailer with two flip up adjustable loading ramps, wood deck, brakes, etc. used or new.

it can be found less the sides in a car hauler or with a single or split loading gates. not what i want.

i`ve got a massey gc2610.

i`ve been told by dealers you can`t run your machine up on the gates as it will push thru the xpanded metal & bust the gates..
the size you want is not common.

question for you guys,

if i got a landscape type trailer could i put 2bys under the loading gates to give it the strength between the runners or weld strips across the runners to keep it from pushing thru the metal. ??

i would prefer two loading ramps.

am i making more out of this than what it is, split or single loading gates. ?

any suggestions on what to do or where to get one...

thanks,

candyman

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Take a look at this link. Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.trailersforless.com/load_7x10_7000lb_tandem_utility.html

I assume you want the sides on it. Just to throw it out, the ones without the sides are generally built heavier duty. Something like this
http://www.trailersforless.com/co_7X16_7X18_7000_10000lb_gvwr_allpurpose_utility_trailers.html
The reason is because if it doesn't have the sides built in for rigidity, they beef up the channels underneath.

I have one similar to what's in the 2nd link. There's stake pockets on the sides so I built my own sides out of PT 2x4's and 2x8's. My ramps are removed and put in a compartment under the bed.

As for the ramps, I've driven my tractor up the steel grated ramps without problem. You could lay some 2x10 or 2x12's over the grate so it disperses the weight.

If you have a backhoe, you probably can't make it over a single piece grated ramp. Even with ramps, your hoe undercarriage may drag on the ground. We've found that backing the tractor on the trailer works better as it doesn't rub.

Erik

depending on where you are, there are companies that will custom build to your spec.
I have a 76" x 16' + 2' dovetail tandem axle 7k rated trailer with dual hydraulic (surge) brakes rather than electric brakes and a rough sawn white oak deck. It was build by Hedererbuilt of Poplar Bluff, Mo. the dovetail goes a long way towards easing the drive-up angle, and it came with 5' ramps made out of 2" x 1/4" angle iron.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
anyone in ohio know where to get one. ?

6 1/2 i.d. x 18 ft. 2 axle landscape type trailer with two flip up adjustable loading ramps, wood deck, brakes, etc. used or new.

it can be found less the sides in a car hauler or with a single or split loading gates. not what i want.

candyman

How many do you want in Ohio? This place has a few. But they are only 6'4" in width not 6'6". I bought mine there. 6'4"X18 tandem axle, brakes on both axles, with sides.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I have seen quite a few light weight flat bed trailers with the expanded metal folddown loading ramps. Lowes and Home Depot and Tractor Supply all sell them. They seem to do okey when used with riding lawn mowers and such. My Son-in-law tried to use his to haul a rented motorized sissor jack -- it now has loading ramps that look like two of the old style backyard satellite dishes. They aren't designed to hold much weight at all.

Keifer, a RTV wannabe