Spider(bite) Man

I woke up today with what had to be about 40 red bumps on my sides and upper back and underarms! :ohmy: They had to be spider bites right? They itch a little. No biggie. But man do they look nasty!

Any ideas as to what I should do, if anything? I heard vinegar might help.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
bed bugs maybe?
Amens medicated powder would help. I also think that benedryl is for itching and insect bites etc. while getting that you might ask the pharmacist.

I woke up today with what had to be about 40 red bumps on my sides and upper back and underarms! :ohmy: They had to be spider bites right? They itch a little. No biggie. But man do they look nasty!

Any ideas as to what I should do, if anything? I heard vinegar might help.

Without pictures...who knows...:D
Micellaneous bug bites(spiders, ants, et cetera), Contact dermatitist?

Sounds like a trip to your local dermatologist is in the works...:rolleyes:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Sushi, I've never personally seen that many bites from a spider. A few maybe, but not 40.
Could be bed bugs. Have you been in any poison ivy?

No.... no poison ivy. bed bugs????? :eek: Why are they in MY bed? Does that mean the sheets are filthy? I wash em fairly regularly. Yikes! I better start doing some googling. :pat:

No.... no poison ivy. bed bugs????? :eek: Why are they in MY bed? Does that mean the sheets are filthy? I wash em fairly regularly. Yikes! I better start doing some googling. :pat:

No...they would be in the mattress and box spring...

One of the CPOs down at Mayport Naval Station had bed bugs in one of their old mattresses and when we carried it outside and dropped it in the driveway, you could see the bugs scramble!!!...:eek:

http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-bed-bugs.htm

Archdean

Without knowing what activity you were engaged in and where outside you were the day before, at first read I would suspect chiggers/red bugs and how you treat the itch from the little bastards is With a product (like fingernail polish) "Chigarid" available in .5 oz brown bottles at fine drugstores (Walgreens etc.)

More than you want to know about Chiggers

One of the CPOs down at Mayport Naval Station had bed bugs in one of their old mattresses and when we carried it outside and dropped it in the driveway, you could see the bugs scramble!!!...:eek:

AHHHHHHHHHHHRG!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well ya just convinced me to vaccum my mattress and boxspring..... vaccum the WHOLE bedroom..... Spray the matress with a vinegar/water mixture douse parts of the carpet with it and clean every surface with the stuff. Everything is spotless! It also smells like a damn salad in there too... but I can live with that. :thumb: Im dripping in sweat as I type this. :wave:

Without knowing what activity you were engaged in and where outside you were the day before, at first read I would suspect chiggers/red bugs and how you treat the itch from the little bastards is With a product (like fingernail polish) "Chigarid" available in .5 oz brown bottles at fine drugstores (Walgreens etc.)

They seem to be in the same family as bed bugs!

Wikipedia says......

Bedbugs travel easily and quickly along pipes and boards, and their bodies are very flat, which allows them to hide in tiny crevices. In the daytime, they tend to stay out of the light, preferring to remain hidden in such places as mattress seams, mattress interiors, bed frames, nearby furniture, carpeting, baseboards, inner walls, tiny wood holes, or bedroom clutter. Bedbugs can be found on their own, but more often congregate in groups. Bedbugs are capable of travelling as far as 100 feet to feed, but usually remain close to the host in bedrooms or on sofas where people may sleep.

This is NOT good!!!! :eek2: Thanks for you help folks. I think I will buy some double sided tape and surround my bed and see what happens.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
My wife's family always swore by white vinegar for redbugs. After any trip to the fields or woods, they would each drink a quarter cup of white vinegar. They said the redbugs didn't like it and would just drop off.

My wife's family always swore by white vinegar for redbugs. After any trip to the fields or woods, they would each drink a quarter cup of white vinegar. They said the redbugs didn't like it and would just drop off.

Wow! Im glad you mentioned that! Its odd. Call it instinct or something but I was thinking the same thing last night. Not only did I douse things in vinegar I drank some apple cider vinegar too mixed with water. About a cup of the stuff. Not as bad as one would think.

you change laundry soap or deodorant recently? it may be an allergic reaction to that.

No I havent. Plus the bites/marks are to far apart from each other. I was going to take a photo but I figure I would spare you folks. :rolleyes: :tiphat:

Well now Im itching REALLY bad! All the bumps have gotten larger if I scratch em and Im soar. My neck is soar, my back, knee. Uggggg....
I went to a doctor yesterday and he gave me some crap to put on them. I hope Im not soar because of these bites!! :eek: