What is Vinegar Good For?

Well, Ive read a few things on the internet on how and what to use vinegar. I used to drink apple cider vinegar daily and in 2 weeks I noticed my skin on my face looked really healthy which makes me wonder what it did to my insides. :huh:
Anyhow... do you use vinegar for anything? Do you know any remedies or unique uses for the stuff?

oldron

Being acidic it would etch the galvanized metal giving bite for the paint,you can also remove rust with white vinegar.
Ron

Erik

it's good for cleaning corrosion, windows, and neutralizing other chemical burns, both cuastic (lye) and acid (sulfuric or muriatic)

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
My wife's family always drank a quarter cup of white vinegar after going out in the woods or fields, to get rid of red bugs (chiggers). Seems they don't like the stuff and just drop off. That's the theory, anyway.

Fred

I use the stuff to clean my carpet (white vinegar) among other things. I try to remember to drink apple cider vinegar daily to get me a little healthier I suppose.

That actually sounds good! Ive had it a few times but the breading makes a big difference in whether the vinegar takes good with it. Just my 2 cents. :tiphat:

Erik

when I was young there was a place down the road called "Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips" - it was great. But I always think of "chips" as being more like "steak fries" or wedges rather than "French Fries". Dang IT! now I'm hungry again!

quincy

Haha. After I answered sushi's post yesterday I was starving too. On the way home from work I just had to stop off and get a bag of chips (with loads of salt 'n vinegar of course!!) yum.

I just thought of another thing for vinegar. My grandmother used white vinegar and old newspapers to clean her windows years ago. Did a fine job too.
Damn, that vinegar would sting if you had any cuts or scrapes on your hands..!! lol

billbill1

Arthur Treacher's was the first fish and chips I ate, it was great!! We like Long John Silver's fish too. Corn starch is the secret to making a good batter, 1/2 corn starch, 1/2 flour, a couple of egg whites beat up and folded in last, the seasoning you want, and a warm beer. Pretty good on fish.