New Holland 1030 issue

Gerrald

Hi All,

I am new to this site and hope to find some help here with my on going issue.

Since a few days I keep blowing a fuse on my tractor. This is a sub compact NH 1030.

What happens is I will be mowing with my 60" deck and then after and hour or so I will blow a fuse. Dash goes out and there is no more power to the key switch. When I replace the fuse all starts over again for an hour.

I did hit a bump a few days ago and this when is started to happen. I did check if there was a short in the wiring under the tractor but can't find anything.

Anyone an idea what this could be???

Hope that this all makes sence what I wrote here.

Gerrald

fishrman

Makes sense and I am no mechanic but I would think you have to have a wire shorting out somewhere on the frame or somewhere.
Check anywhere a wire runs beside, under, or on top of any sharp metal piece, for a bare spot, then if you find one, tape it up. Also, check the place where the battery "minus" or black cable goes to ground, to see if the connection is rusty or loose. Check where the wires come out from under the flywheel cover, might be a bare wire there. Also, where the headlight wires plug together near the hood hinges. And, make sure the battery connections are tight!