bolt on forks

misterjetpilot

Hey fellas,

Just registered so I could get some advice. I have a 2002 JD 790 and would like to have a forklift on the front. Are the bolt-ons ok or should I remove the bucket? I don't plan on lifting more than about 350 lbs with them. I usually just throw a chain around the bucket for most lifting I need to do, but this item will need to be lifted from underneath. Also, since I will only move this item a couple times a year, the bolt ons would be more convenient if they can get the job done. Thanks for any advice. Gary

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.

Keep in mind, the farther you put the weight out front, the less you'll be able to lift and the more prone to tipping. Make sure you have weight on the rear.
I know I've had 400 lbs chained to the front of my bucket before and it got real light in the rear. My tractor is a bit smaller than yours.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

I've slide a carry-all into my bucket and chained it in place.

2128210.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use clamp on forks and they are fantastic. :thumb:
I bought mine from Paynes Forks for a very reasonable price, and they are one of the best add on's I've got for my tractor. So useful.
I had a heavy box to unload today, 300 pounds or so. I clamped my forks on and pulled up close to the tail gate of the truck and slid the box right onto the forks. No problem at all. On my way home i thought I was going to have to call my brother to see if he was home and could help me unload, then I did a :pat: ....use the forks dummy!
I use them to move my 5' rotary cutter and my 54" box blade, so that I can position them out of the way during the off season. Both of these items weigh more than 350each ...more like 500+. I think your tractor is about the same size as mine (a 2002 Kubota Grand L 3010 30hp). I'm sure they'd move the item you are thinking of and you'll find lots of other uses for them. I moved a BIG rock for the misses earlier this week, it was a bit heavy for my setup but I carried it low and got the job done.

Paynes makes some good forks ... check em out here: http://www.paynesforks.com/

And they have the clamp on ball hitch which makes moving trailers around a breeze. I got one of those also. :D

and .... Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. I'm glad you found us!!!!! :tiphat:

Last edited: