clutch adjustment

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Somehow that 'head pat' came up as a link, and didn't work.

So you are asking how to adjust the clutch? I figure someone will be along soon that has done that. Sorry I can't help. I just fixed the head pat, and I wanted to welcome you to Net Tractor Talk.
enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

jd110

It depends on what transmission/pto you have. Do you have a single stage clutch or dual stage? Does it have independent pto or continuous running? Do you have a reverser? Why do you think it needs adjustment? Is it slipping? Feel free to ask any questions you like, but try to provide as much info as possible for accurate replies.
Welcome!

mledford

it has a dual clutch. is not a reverser, has park position. I think it is a 1978 model,ser # 235824. the pto clutch is about where it should be but the ground travel clutch is at the top. No slippage yet but???? I think it can be adjusted thur the 3 in plug on the l side. just unsure of how to do it. help!!!

jd110

The free travel in the pedal can be adjusted by the rod connected to the clutch pedal. Lengthening the rod by a couple of turns should give you free travel in the pedal. If that causes the pto to not disengage correctly, then you can adjust the three bolts in the clutch pack through the hole in the clutch housing. You should see double nuts on the three adjusting bolts. Use two wrenches to loosen the jam nuts. Then try backing off both nuts 1 to 2 turns evenly and retighten the jam nuts. Try to make sure all three clutch fingers are the same distance away from the throw-out bearing. If not adjust accordingly to make them even. If necessary, adust the free travel when finished.