all thumbs

mledford

lift link off the ball on upper left side JD 2240. I am not sure how to fix this. peng it in, weld it or replace it???? any help will be beneficial since a new one is $$$$$

Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Any chance you could post a few pics of what you are referring to? I can't envision it at all. :confused:

mledford

I will get some pics tomorrow. It is the top of the lift arm connection to the lift link. the lift link is a threaded rod with a loop in the top for the ball that pins to the arm. Hard to explain... Thanks til tomorrow.

jd110

The lift link is designed that the ball can be turned sideways to get it out to replace it. usually the ball doesn't wear out but the lift link does. If you want to avoid buying a new one($180 or $120 depending on length) You might be able to build up the arm if you can figure out where it is worn, and then reshape the bore to fit the ball. Might be worth doing if you can do it yourself, but if you need to pay someone to do it, you might as well buy a new one.

mledford

Thanks again JD110... My dad died a couple of years ago and I retired and boy have i lost what i knew when. Maybe i did not know then. Seems every time i go to do something i have to fix some equipment.. Ya'll are a blessing to me THANKS.