ATTN BATWING OWNERS: How do you have your hydraulics set up?

Glowplug

I have often entertained the idea of some day getting a batwing. I have 3 sets of rear remotes. My dealer told me I didn't really need that for a batwing but I could basically spool the two wings to be controlled with a single remote. But I kind of like the idea of using a separate lever and remote to control each wing and a 3rd to raise and lower the deck. Just wondering how some of the batwing owners have their hydraulics arranged and if there are any words of wisdom.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I saw a couple of JD 6xxx series mowing roadsides with batwings yesterday - they obviously had separate controls for each side, as they had the left wing down and the right wing up since the right-of-way was narrower than the full width of the mower. According to the Woods literature I looked at, hydraulic cutting height is an option, and they offer a three-spool valve with a bracket for fender mounting as well.

Hope that helps

Fred

howierd3866

hello you need 3 remotes to run it right one for each side wing and one for the center wing...when plugging them in make sure you hook it up same the same lay out as inside the tractor ( left lever for the left wing center for the center wing right for the right wing)some batwing has two hoses per wing..meaning power up and power down some only have one per wing power up and the weight of mower down...when hooking up to tractor get use to the way you will get use to pulling the level meaning if push down do you want the mower going down..pulling up will make it raise up its easlier to remenber this way. As for if your tractor only has two remotes you can tie the two wings toghter to work BUT the problem with that is if you want the left wing up first like going over a rock well which ever wing has the lease pressure on will raise FIRST not likly the one you wanted. sorry for the long talk but willing to help you ...