Driving the Tractor on the Road

BoneheadNW

I am going to be helping my friend move some dirt tomorrow and need to get my tractor over to his house. We have not been able to borrow a trailer, so I thought I could just drive it there (he lives about 1.5 miles away). I am not concerned about the hazards, but want to know if the road will cause undue wear to my tires. Any thoughts?
Bone

Mith

You probably wont have any worries just goung 3 miles (round trip?)
Its only like driving it around on a concrete yard for a bit I suppose.

Going to chew up someone elses lawn now eh? :D

BoneheadNW

My friend came to our aid big time to help with my son's tree house and we often get our families together to socialize (his kids are about the same age as mine). I didn't think it was right to make him rent a bobcat just to backfill a retaining wall and level his yard. Besides, I haven't had much seat time in the last couple of weeks.

How are things with you Mith? Have you taken a vacation recently or are you continuing to be a workaholic?
Bone

howierd3866

just going a few miles you won't see any different just make sure the 4x4 is not engage..90% of our tractors are driven on the road everyday some are even driven more than 30 to 48 miles at a time but not every day...

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I wouldn't worry about it Bonehead at that short distance. Just like howierd said, make sure 4WD is off.

You may want to check your insurance...because if something happens to your tractor while it is off your property...may NOT be covered...