Title change, post problem etc ...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Morning guys!
I was out most of yesterday having fun on the boat. Someone sent me a email message asking that I change a title of a thread. Not a problem, except, I don't know who the user is or what thread they are talking about.

For quicker service whenever you need something changed in a post please use the "report this post" button at the top right side of all posts. Click that and then type in the reason you are reporting the post. It is fine to use this function to request a change in your post to make things more clear. Or of course you can use it to report someone elses post that might be inappropriate in some way, just be sure to tell us why it's inappropriate.

When you report a post myself and all mods are notified. Whoever is active at the time will fix you right up. So you'll get quicker service and the post is corrected in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Doc

Morning guys!
I was out most of yesterday having fun on the boat. Someone sent me a email message asking that I change a title of a thread. Not a problem, except, I don't know who the user is or what thread they are talking about.

For quicker service whenever you need something changed in a post please use the "report this post" button at the top right side of all posts. Click that and then type in the reason you are reporting the post. It is fine to use this function to request a change in your post to make things more clear. Or of course you can use it to report someone elses post that might be inappropriate in some way, just be sure to tell us why it's inappropriate.

When you report a post myself and all mods are notified. Whoever is active at the time will fix you right up. So you'll get quicker service and the post is corrected in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Doc

Well, if it was an original poster, who wanted to change a title that he had entered, all he had to do was click edit, then go to the go advanced button to change his thread title...but that is only while the message is available to be edited...;)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Exactly! Good point Paul. And this would be a good time to remind everyone that you have 60 minutes in which you can edit your post, after that it will be locked down and only the mods or admins can make a change.

Archdean

Exactly! Good point Paul. And this would be a good time to remind everyone that you have 60 minutes in which you can edit your post, after that it will be locked down and only the mods or admins can make a change.

And that is a most generous amount of time for an edit, most forums allow much less time and the reason is (on those forums where a he said vs she said happens it prevents The "I didn't say that")

I set my forum at 30 minutes and most other forums are set at 5 minutes if at all!!