New Holland TC 45

rickelder

Ok guys I am new to the forum so please dont belittle me if I ask something
that you may seem to be moronic. That being said....I have a 2002 or so TC-45 that I have noticed the PTO spins slowly even when I have it disengaged. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this? Is there more info I need to provide?

Thanks in advance for your help!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

We NEVER belittle members whether they're new or have been here for years.

Some others will chime in but I recall this happening with many tractors and don't believe it's something to be concerned with. If you put any load on it, does it stop? E.g. if you had a rototiller connected, is that turning enough to turn the tiller blades with the tiller in the air or is just a little resistance enough to make it stop. I would never recommend doing something unsafe, but I believe you could actually grab the shaft and your grip should be enough to stop it from spinning.

rickelder

Yes, the PTO will stop if I put it under heavy load such as putting the tiller on the ground. It spins the blades on my tiller or bush hog if there is no substantial load applied. It spins with much too much force for me to feel comfotable to grab it and attempt to hook a shaft to it while the tractor is running.

rj's barn

Does your tractor have 2 separate clutches - one for ground drive and one for pto? If so I'd make sure the pto clutch linkage is good.