Little Green Tractor

Looking for some help with a little JD140. It runs. It has a rototiller that works. Came with a mower deck that seems ok. Question: What is a Mule Drive? And how does it work? I have an assembly that came with the tractor that is supposed to:thankyou2::thankyou2: mount on shaft at front of machine to drive mower deck. But seems to me there is something missing. I know there are some JD experts out there so how about a hand. Little tractor has had a hard life but hey I only paid 150 bucks for it and I am told the tiller is worth more than that. I think I would like to restore it so I am going to need a manual and source for parts too. Thanks for reading my post folks.
Jim

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
You can find operators, parts, and service manuals from John Deere here: http://www.deere.com/servlet/com.de...english&exactModelSearchFlag=on&submit=Search

This link takes you to the manuals for the 140 tractor. Each attachment will have its own manuals, enter the model number or in some cases the mower size. Parts diagrams are also available online at deere.com. Many parts will still be available from John Deere dealers, but may have to be ordered. Good luck with the resto.

Fred