Kubota 7030 not starting...please help!

SeanJonesFarm

Hi there,
I'm trying to get a Kubota 7030 to start and am running into some weird issues I was hoping someone else had some insight on. We originally thought the battery was being drained somewhere because one dy it wouldn't start. Battery turned out fine. Had the starter tested and rebuilt and also replaced the battery cables and hydraulic pump (because it was on the way out and I had one here). I got on and was able to get dash lights but when I tried to start it I got a snap from the area near the starter and then no power at all. No more dash lights. I took jumper cables and went from the negative to the bellhousing bolt as a new ground and it will crank over but not start. It also seems to be struggling on some of the revolutions and the cable heats up fast. I put the old battery cables back on ad got the same scenario. Please, any ideas at all would be appreciated.

texasjohn

Well, a heated up battery cable would indicate that there is a high current drain somewhere, thus causing low voltage, which is why it's not turning over with ease.

The "snap" sounds like there is a short somewhere.... am sure you've followed the battery/starter cables...not that many...and looked for rubbed places, burned wires, obvious shorts, etc.

Seems the problem developed suddenly....wonder if maybe a mouse or something messed with the wiring and started the series of problems.

Have you checked the fuses?

Like you, I'm kinda grasping at straws here... my summary so far is..

battery tests OK
new battery cables, connections are good
rebuilt starter
replaced hydraulic pump
abnormally high current drain when starting

What about the starter solenoid... have you checked it

post again letting us know your current status and maybe somebody else will have other ideas.